Sunday, June 16, 2013

It's my turn to add something

Well, I thought this blog was to be used to help our family and friends keep up with our adventures while in Abu Dhabi. And since we are not in Abu Dhabi yet, I didn't see any reason to post anything. However, in the last few days I have felt pressure to write SOMETHING since there have been posts already and none from me (Dana). 

So it is the middle of June and most of the 'chores' we have assigned ourselves to do prior to our departure have already been done. We have been beyond productive in the time since school ended. As my mother said, 'You are going to have everything done before July and then be bored and just be staring at each other until you leave in August'. I'm pretty sure she is right on the money with this comment. 

The entire experience to this point has been full of excitement and anticipation as to what the future holds for all of us. We continue to explore websites and Facebook communities to learn more about what we can do to prepare ourselves for the next two years. However we are aware that every experience is different and what works for some may not work for us. I suppose we will just have to wait until we get there  and live it ourselves. 

We have started our 'world tour', as my friend Sue calls it, seeing friends and having quality time either poolside or for dinner. We are so blessed to have so many people who are very excited for us and who love us. We hope to have a last gathering at some stage but are not sure when or where at this time. We will email, text, Facebook, and any other type of media we can think of once we know details. We hope to say a 'see you later' to all who have been so supportive of us throughout the years we have been friends. 

Hopefully future posts will be a bit more exciting to all who read. There, my first post!

Love to all,
Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment