Saturday, August 17, 2013

To leave or not to leave, that is definitely the question!

On August 10, Stuart received an email stating his visa had been processed and he had been booked on a flight leaving on August 20. Yahoo!

As the days have passed and we have become increasingly anxious to get this party started, things have kind of gone a bit wayward. 

During pre departure information given to us we were informed that once one of us received an email with our visa we were to confirm and send copies of the kids' passports as well as the other spouse's passport so that the travel agent could book all 4 tickets. Stuart did just that. 

Apparently, once again, I am the glitch in the system. Many of you may not know that we actually accepted this opportunity prior to me being offered a contract. It did eventually come but wasn't until a few weeks after we decided to take the leap. 

Because I don't have my work visa (probably the same reason for offer letter delay), they are waiting to issue e-tickets for us for this flight on Tuesday. It looks as if our seats are still booked, because of course Stuart did that immediately, but we don't really have the tickets in our hands. 

If we do end up leaving and I don't have a work visa by the time the plane takes off I will just have to do a 'border run' when my visa does arrive. This simply means I will have to leave the country (which may mean I walk across the street if we end up living in Al Ain) and re-enter with my work visa in my hand. Having the work visa before we leave Arizona would be ideal, but we are not opposed to the border run either. 

We have been told all along, by people already working for the Abu Dhabi Education Council, as well the company we went through to get these jobs, that being patient and polite will be our best approach to any and all adversity. I think we are getting a glimpse into what this statement actually means. 

Hopefully leaving sooner than later,
Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment