Sunday, May 4, 2014

Seems God was willing, but not completely timely!

My car needed servicing, which I failed to remember on my days off until it was too late to do anything about it. So I asked Cathy if she could pick me up at the service center on her way (really out of her way) to school on Sunday. She was fine with that so after dropping Jack and Millie off I headed to the service center. Cathy was waiting for me and we headed to school. My student teacher taught another two lessons for me today which meant I only had to teach 4 lessons today. Very tough!

After school Stuart picked me up and we went to get my car. I went to get the kids and ten came home. 
Look what was sitting outside our door in the hallway when we got home from work on Sunday? Miracle of miracles! If you can't tell, it's a bathtub. I guess Mr. Ehab putting it by our door was his way of showing good faith that he would begin installing it Monday. I think Millie was the most excited, but the least understanding as to why she couldn't have a bath that night. 

When we got home on Monday they were working on our AC and I am happy to report it is fixed and cold. But not all was okay in our apartment. They were supposed to have started breaking apart the tile in our bathroom to prepare the space for the bath tub, but by the time I called Mr. Ehab for the forth time he informed me he only works until 5 pm. Unbelievable! All I was trying to do was give someone the keys to our apartment so they could come in and get started on Tuesday. In the end we gave the keys to the AC guy who said he would pass them on. We can lock all of our doors in the apartment so that the only room accessible is the bathroom. Plus, if any of the workers here did anything wrong they would be deported immediately. 

I attempted to go get my hair cut on Monday but the place I went the last time didn't have anyone to cut my hair until Tuesday night. I decided I would get it cut shorter because the heat is unbelievable and I can't pull it up in a pony tail so why not shorter? Well, I got a little more than I bargained for. Pretty sure I look like a boy, which would be fine if I was one. Not going to lie, I cried the entire way home. But, as Stuart reminded me, it will grow back fast. I am not a huge fan, but after I was able to style it myself, it was at least tolerable. In a few months I will probably love it and decide to keep it this short, but i doubt it. Super short hair is great on some people, but not me. 
We got home on Tuesday and discovered they had started to break up the tile in preparation of the bathtub. They said it would take three days so naturally i assumed it would be finished on Wednesday, bit since nothing was done on Monday, that automatically set us back to Thursday. Very irritating. 

Also, Tuesday after school we went to the rugby club to swim. It's so easy and great to go there after school and swim for a couple of hours. Then we still have plenty of time to eat, shower, and read stories before bedtime. It's great! But Tuesday after the swim I went with Karen and Claire (another teacher at Jack's school) for a walk around the rugby club ring road. I brought my workout gear and changed at the pool. I forgot one important thing.....underwear! Oops! Oh well, I am not foreign to going commando. I had on bike shorts so I suppose it didn't really matter. Funny thing is, when I attempted to find Jack's underwear so he could change back into his clothes, we discovered that he had left them on when he changed into his swimmers. So we were both going commando after our visit to the pool. Family bonding is what it's all about. 

We had Thalia and Penny over for a play date after school on Wednesday. They came after I had to call Mr. Ehab to inform him that no one came to do anything on the bathtub that day. Incredible!  He said he would call to see what had happened and why no one had come. Right, because he didn't know why someone didn't come? Sure he didn't. I am not a fan of Mr. Ehab, as you can probably understand. A plumber finally did come and got the tub prepped for the instillation. He promised it would be done by Saturday. Not sure I believed him. 

After the girls went home from the play date, I fed and showered the kids, then read stories and they were sound asleep.  I hate to mention it, but Millie has had three great days at Miss Janet's as far as the potty is concerned. I think taking the movie away from her may have helped. 

Once the kids were asleep, Stuart and I sat down to watch 24. We love Jack Bauer! It was awesome. The only sad part is we can't watch another episode for one more week. 

Thursday was International Day at Jack's school. There are 26 different countries represented at Sunflower. Each country had a presentation, so my principal let me go to the performances. Jack sang the American National Anthem in front if the whole school. He was so cute, a little off key, but so grown up and confident. 
This is Jack's classmate, Christian. He is from Germany. Don't you just low his costume? He is quite a bit you get than Jack and a LOT smaller. 

When Jack stood up to sing I started recording it. He looked at me and kept saying, 'Now? Now? Now?'  You can finally hear me in the video say, 'Sing!'  And when he did, he made his mama cry. He was so poised and remembered every word. I can't believe how mature he has become this year. It makes me a little sad, I have to admit. 

After I returned to school, I had a couple of classes, gave a spelling test, and 7th period we had our going away party for our classroom assistant and our student teacher. There was food all over the place. These girls go all out. Jawaher, the classroom assistant, and Aysha, the student teacher, gave me perfume, two pairs of earrings made of gold (truly), and an English version of the Qoran. Actually it is interesting reading. I am not converting but it is good to know what the beliefs are so I don't seem ignorant about their religion. 

Everything you see on top of the counters is food for the party. 
And then there was an absolute mess. But I am happy to report they cleaned up very nicely at the day.

After school i picked Millie up from Miss Janet's. stuart and Jack headed to Dubai for a birthday party at the Rainfroest Cafe. Wade and Thalia went with them. It was Scarlett's 6th birthday.  It was quite a trek for a birthday party, but everythig is a bit over the top here anyway. They didn't get home until a little after 9 pm and Jack was wiped out for sure.  

Millie and I decided to go to the grocery store so that we would not have to do that task the rest of the weekend. I hate wasting time at the grocery store. Millie was not very keen on staying in the cart. I am not a fan of the 2s. I am hoping she lines things out in the third year of her life. 

After I bribed her with a donut and juice, in the store, she finally settled down. Prior to the donut trick we visited the bathroom a few times to have an attitude adjustment. I hate leaving a cart full of things in the middle if the aisle, but sometimes a screaming child takes priority. 

She ate a happy meal and we headed home. We both had showers and were in our jammies by 4 pm. Millie whined around for a few hours and then when I put her down for bed she continued to say, 'I'm not tired', yet 5 minutes of me rocking her in my arms (which I can still do because she hasn't grown much in the last year), she was fast asleep. 

The rest of the evening was all mine. I watched some movies on Netflix and just relaxed. 

Stuart got up early Friday morning to golf. Millie came in our room and got in bed with me and about 15 minutes later Jack was in the bed. So the three of us got up at 5:45 am. Really? It's the weekend! They usually sleep until at least 7 am. Ugh!

We walked The Little Mermaid, which Jack loved but Millie got bored with. I used to read the book to Jack and he would want to touch Ariel's bare stomach. So funny! So when he finally got to see the film he was thrilled. 

We went out to ride bikes, or at least the kids rode bikes, around 9 am and it was already brutally hot. We rode one time around the complex and then had to get back in the house for some coolness. I fixed the kids pbjs and by 10 am both had eaten breakfast and lunch.  We played an invigorating game of hide and seek in the apartment. Surprisingly enough, there are plenty of places to hide in our pad. 

Because Stuart and I were going to the Rugby Ball Friday night, when he got home from golfing I went to get a pedicure and fake nails. I used to have nails before I had kids but the Desitin under the nails used to gross me out so I got rid of them. I have always said when kids were all done with diapers I would get nails again. Thank goodness that day has come. 

After pampering it was time to shower everyone and get ready for the ball. Kayleigh and Claire were coming to stay with the kids, ours and Karen and Wade's, so the kids were ready for bed and chicken nuggets and fries were ready once the babysitters arrived. 

When we arrived at the ball we saw a few people we knew, then sat at our table and listened to the awards presentations to celebrate the end of the rugby season. Then the dancing started. We had a great time. The food was wonderful and there was a mechanical bull that many men, and women, rode. And no, Sherry Bollard, I did not partake in the mechanical bull fun....this time.  Although, I was tempted. 
Here we are before leaving our house for the event. 
 
Saturday morning was a little rough. There may have been a bit of booze served along with the delicious food. We laid around the house until almost 2 pm and then went to the pool. Millie has decided she can now swim. We broke down and, against advice from Jack's former swim teacher, we bought her arm floaties. We just got tired of carrying her around in the pool. And as a result she now will actually swim without them in the baby pool. It's great!

We couldn't be bothered to fix dinner so we just stayed at the Rugby Club and had dinner. We got home, showered the kids, and put them to bed. Weekend is over and I need another one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment