Monday, July 10, 2017

The week before the holidays

I took Millie to school with me and Jack went to school with Stuart. Stuart's principal is not fussed from the kids coming to school, but my principal doesn't like it. Because the kids were so ill behaved with Stuart the previous week. So we had to split them up. She watched movies on my computer while I sat around and chatted with my teachers. We had a little bit of work to do, but basically just pretended. 


After school, DeDe and I went to visit Sarah. We were still keeping Greta and I was getting a bit sick of all the pee. Ugh! Sarah was doing better but was not up to having Greta back. Boo! 


After we left Sarah's, DeDe and I went to a jewellery party hosted by one of our friends. She makes necklaces and bracelets. Naturally, I wanted to support her, and conveniently I needed some gifts to take with me on holiday. So I bought a few of the handmade necklaces. 


On the way to the jewelry party, I received a message that transfers for the following school year had been released. And although I didn't get transferred to the school I requested, I would be going to a new school for this year ahead. I was thrilled because I really need a change, but the school is actually further away, which is not so thrilling to me.  However, the school is about a third of the size on the school I am currently in, and that outweighs the distance for sure. 


Once I was home and settled in for the night, we heard some kids playing out in front of our house. It's a constant issue because it's always so late when they are out there. Stuart went out to speak to them. Though most of them scattered, one kid, who is always relatively disrespectful in his actions, continued to play basketball. Stuart asked him to leave again and got a bit upset with him. Well, just as you would guess, his Dad came down to talk to us. He didn't see our point and didn't think his son was being disrespectful. In the end he promised his son would be off of our street by 8:30 pm each night, even though quiet hours are to start at 8 pm. It makes us want to move to a private villa, so we just may do that. Oh, and for the rest of the week that boy was still out past 9 pm, making noise, each evening. Classy!


Monday school was boring as usual. After school I came home to nap. Kayleigh had stayed with the kids, and after we were home they were off to neighbor's to play. That evening Stuart had a committee meeting. I stayed home, fed the kids, and put them to bed. It was a very uneventful evening. 


Tuesday, when I got to school, two of my teachers and myself ended up going to a meeting that really was never supposed to be. It seems that my assistant principal was confused, but instead of admitting the confusion, she sent us to the other school any way. Fortunately, the head of faculty at that school was gracious and showed us her testing that was not quite finished, but a work in progress. It gave us something to do and we stopped at Starbucks on the way, so it wasn't a total loss. 


On my way home I stopped at the grocery store. Once I left the grocery store the Land Rover overheated again. It was burning my feet. I called Stuart and he told me just to get it back to the house. We think the Land Rover has died for good. So it seems we will be buying a new car when we get back from holiday. Boo!


We finished up some jobs on Tuesday afternoon that Stuart needed to help with. The kids played upstairs most of the afternoon with tears because they just kept messing with each other. There was no blood, so we just let them be. Later in the day Sean came over for coffee. Then Sarah came to get Greta. I was beyond thrilled with Greta being gone. Molly is a piece of cake compared to that neurotic beast. The kids showered, ate pancakes for dinner and then we took Stuart to the airport. He would spend 4 days in Washington, D.C. so he could keep his residency visa in the United States.


The kids and I got back from the airport at midnight. I put them to bed and then watched some television. I knew Wednesday would be rough at school because of the lack of sleep, but since there was nothing to do there I didn't worry too much. 


Wednesday school was a waste of time. We had completed all of our assignments for the week so we basically just sat around and played board games. Wednesday evening we went to the golf club and ate sushi with many others who were leaving for the summer. The kids played outside even though it was a million degrees. It was a great evening, but we didn't get home until 10:30 pm and all were exhausted. 


The last day of school was Thursday and I decided to take the kids with me. They were crazy and not that well behaved, unfortunately. I tried to remember that they were just excited to go on holiday and see family. We had a luncheon at school and then we were told we could go home. Another year was in the books. 

The tables set for the luncheon. 
The spread!

When I came home, Mandy, Cathy and the girls showed up for tea. They stayed for a couple of hours. We said farewell to Mandy and made a plan to go to see Wonder Woman on Friday with Cathy and the girls. We were trying to get in as much time with Kayleigh as we could as she was going back to the U.K. To start university and she would no longer be a regular part of our lives. We knew this would be weird considering she watched the kids grow up for the past 4 years. 


Once they were gone the kids bathed and ate dinner. I let the kids stay up way too late, but since the following day was Friday it was not that big of a deal. 


We got up Friday morning and headed to the mall to watch Wonder Woman. We were the only ones in the theatre. My kids were a nightmare. It was a bit over their head. I think had we not been the only ones in the theatre they may have behaved better, but who knows. We ended up shopping around a bit after the movie, then hit McDonalds on the way home. We got home around 4:30 pm. The kids showered and watched a movie. 


We got up Saturday morning and started in on the 11 loads of laundry I had to do. The kids played and watched television all day, and may have been a bit MORE excited about our trip, if that was possible. 


Sean messaged me at 9:20 am asking about whether I was coming to get him or not, as he was taking us to the airport. I told him that I would come get him, but then made sure he knew it was at 9:30 pm and not 9:30 am. He said he wasn't aware of that and thought we were going in the morning. Fortunately he laughed about it and said he would see us later that day. 


I finally finished all the laundry around 5 pm when the kids started their showers. I showered and got ready. Cathy, Kayleigh and Clare came over for dinner and then stayed until we left at 9 pm. The farewell to Kayleigh was sad for sure. She will be missed by our family. 


We got to the airport, and as Jack suspected, I led us astray. Actually, the men we asked directions from told us to go the wrong way. When we finally found where we were supposed to be, we checked in and headed to the gate. 

Both kids were very cooperative and helpful. Jack pushed the trolley around in the airport before we were able to check in. Millie wanted to but she wasn't tall enough to see over the bags. 
Seasoned travelers. 

Jack and Millie actually were stars. We had a bite to eat and then I started passing out all the little gifts I had bought for the kids, realising they would fall asleep as soon as we got on the plane. We finally boarded just after 1 am and were off. That is all for this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment