Sunday, April 15, 2018

They’re back!

Sunday was the first day with kids for Term 3, and most of them were at school. My principal wasn’t there which was nice for me. Although we made nice and things should be fine the rest of the year, I still am a bit guarded. 


I picked the kids up from school. I bribed Millie to read to me. The power of money is so amazing. After homework, the kids watched television and Jack ate three sandwiches. Someone tell me when his eating frenzy will stop. They went outside to play basketball after a snack and stayed out until almost dark, which we never let them do. 


They came in to shower and eat. After dinner they went upstairs for some television time. I Skyped Grammie and Pop, but Millie was already in bed. Jack followed to bed after the Skype call was over. 


Because my sleep habits are horrible, I’ve started setting an alarm for myself for when it’s time to go to bed each night. I’ve actually gone to bed the last two evenings before the ‘bedtime’ alarm went off. So maybe that’s a good tactic for me. We shall see. 


I was up and walking on Monday morning at 5 am. My principal wasn’t at school again on Monday. I copied reading materials and attempted to give our grade 3 kids an exam that they are required to take each term. Our computers have been acting up at school so we didn’t get the exams completed before spring break. 


After school I went to Gift City to find decorations for the ball. I didn’t find a great deal, but found some things that will make the ball more beautiful. I came home and got ready for bootcamp. Why oh why did I decide to do bootcamp? Waaaaaaa!


Stuart brought the kids to the club and I took them home after my beating at bootcamp. Stuart stayed for Rugby training as they were preparing for the finals on Friday. 


When we got home the kids showered and had some fruit. Jack showed me that he had taught himself to fake fart. Boys are special, for sure. 


Tuesday I continued to do testing of the grade 3 kids. I finished most of the students, but some were absent. After school I got into it with one of my teacher. She wasn’t prepared for a lesson and tried to convince me she was. I’m not a fan of people like that. 


I picked the kids up from school, stopped at the house, then was off to the rugby club to meet with Hannah. Stuart came to the club and brought Cathy. We went to the golf club for our next set of lessons. 


Look who got a new golf skort!

After golf we went to town center to find some things for decorations for the ball. We didn’t find a lot, but it’s slowly coming together. Cathy and I came back to the house and Stuart had made yellow curry for us. 


Wednesday morning my body was sore. I went to school and tested some students again. I had a doctor’s appointment after school where I was informed that I would be having my baby house taken out on May 10. 


Wednesday evening I went to bootcamp and it was better. My muscles didn’t spasm and I actually thought I would be okay doing this for a month. 


I brought the kids home from the club with a bit of fuss, but had another lecture for them so hoping they get the message for next Monday. 


Thursday I went to school and told my principal I was going to be out for 6 weeks. She didn’t seem terribly fused by it. In fact, I think she was relieved she wouldn’t have to see me for 6 weeks. Sadly, the feeling might be mutual. 


I picked Claire and Millie up from school and we went to Abelas to shop for dinner stuff. Scott and Clare came over around 5:30 pm for tacos. It was their anniversary. Jack had gone to Adam’s for a sleepover. 


Friday, Stuart made breakfast and Cathy and Claire came over. Jack got home from his sleepover with Adam. He decided he would stay with Stuart until the rugby finals that would take place at 6:30 pm in Dubai. 


Cathy, Claire, Millie and I went shopping for the rest of the Rugby Ball decorations. We found a phenomenal craft store in Dubai, which almost fulfilled all of my needs for the party. We made it to the rugby match, and they won. Stuart nearly got into a fight with a very large man. He was definitely sore from that match, but I would guess he would say it was worth it. 




Stuart is throwing the ball in. 



Once we were home from Dubai, we ordered food from 101 Cafeteria. Cathy and I then decided to start making the center pieces for the ball. I finally took her home at 12:30 am. 


These are the center pieces and the table numbers. 

I came home and finished the table numbers and then sat down to watch a little television, falling asleep almost immediately. 


Saturday morning I got up and FaceTimed my Bunco Babes, who informed me that they had not played Bunco all year. What a shock that was to me. It was great to speak to everyone and it made me long for my home friendships. I suppose three years will fly as fast as these past five years have. 


We went to a birthday party for Jack’s friend, Louie Rouvi. 




Nothing better than a pool party!

Then we ended up doing some mall shopping for Stuart’s dress shirt for the ball. We walked around the mall for a bit and I purchased some prizes for the ball. Jack got a new pair of Converse, which he is very proud to wear. 




We got home around 3:30 pm, then headed to the Richardson’s for dinner. We are their Saturday regulars. It rained while we were there and the kids played in the rain. It’s such a novelty here. 


We were home and in bed by 8:30 pm. Sleep is a necessity this week because we are very busy and I probably have more to do than I have time for, prior to the ball. It will be a fantastic event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment