Sunday, January 13, 2019

Back at it!

Sunday I got up and walked with Lara. We had a good little catch up from our winter holidays. It was good to be back to walking. Stuart didn’t have to be at work until later in the morning, so when I got back from walking I showered and sat down for a cup of coffee with him. 

School was as usual. I was like a chicken with my head cut off. I just kept trying to catch up with the day as it passed by. Stu picked the kids up after school so I could do some work. I ended up realizing that I had the full planning day on Monday, so I really didn’t work much once he picked the kids up. Once I was home we went to the rugby club for training. Millie felt horrible and nearly fell asleep on the ride home. Her cough had really started to come on throughout the day. I had bought her some cough syrup so was hoping the night would let her rest. She was in bed as soon as she had showered.  Jack went to bed shortly after Millie, and Stuart followed a few minutes later. I stayed up to watch television but fell asleep, as I always do. 

Monday I spent most of the day getting my plans and activities sorted for the rest of the week. Millie was sick most of the day, but remained at school. Sadly, I’m THAT mom. I just tell her to suck it up and she will be fine. We left school around 3:30 to go home. Once home, Rochelle came over to drop off a fairy costume for Millie. She had a cup of tea while the kids played up. Neither of them even speak to me when we get home, but have a visitor over and see how much they hang around and bug me. 

We had a committee meeting at the club. We decided to let the kids eat dinner at the club. It is often easier. Once the meeting was over we headed home for showers and bed for everyone. Before bed, Stuart and I I had leftovers.....again. 

Tuesday we were nearly late again to school. With Stuart not having to leave for school early this week, it makes it difficult for us to want to leave at our normal time. When school was over Millie went with her friend Orla and I had a staff meeting. Then I went to the mall for no good reason. When I left there I headed to pick Millie up from dance. On the way I was rear ended. Super! The guy who hit me wanted to say there was no damage, which was wrong. It wasn’t a great deal of damage, but it was damage all the same.  Cathy ended up picking up Millie from dance as I couldn’t get there on time. I ended up going to McDonalds for the kids’ dinner. By the time I got home I was over it all. 

Wednesday was another day at school. The week seemed to last forever. When we got home we just lazed around the house. There is not one thing to report from Wednesday evening. 

Thursday school couldn’t end quickly enough. The first week back is always difficult. Once we were home we relaxed and the kids immediately got on their electronics. I can’t decide whether banning their electronics during the week is good or not. The weekends seem to be FULL of iPads and PS4. Cathy came over and we ordered curry. It was a totally chilled evening. 

Friday we were up early and Skyped Grammie and Pop. They were in Arkansas at Russ and Julie’s. We ended up getting to talk to everyone except Aunt Julie. She was ill so was in bed. After our conversation, we went to the mall and took the kids to Fun City. 

This was a simulated game the kids shared. 

Fun City always provides a few hours of fun. 

Our trade off was that they had to behave when we went grocery shopping. I can’t say they were angels, but we did get the shopping done for the week. We came home and chilled until about 4:30 pm. We went to the club to watch the conference team play rugby. It was a bit chillier than we cared for so we brought food home. The kids showered and were ready for bed. Cathy and Sean came over and had dinner with us. It wasn’t a terribly late evening, but we listened to music and had a bit of a sing along. 

I got up Saturday and took my car to have an assessment made for the repairs. I ended up getting home just before 9 am. I spent the rest of the day doing a whole lot of nothing. Millie was poorly so we ended up skipping Jack’s first snowboarding lesson in Dubai. Stuart and Jack took off around 2:30 pm. His lesson was at 6 pm. 

Gearing up. 

Stuart said he enjoyed the lesson emmencely. Jack concurred the sentiment. 

Millie and I hung out and watched Benji. She had popcorn and mashed potatoes for dinner. That makes me a great mom, right? 

A girl and her dogs. I made a deal with her. If she stayed in her nightgown all day, she wouldn’t have to take a shower that night. No shower for her. 

Jack got home around 9 pm, showered and was off to bed. The first week back to school/work was not terribly dreadful. Week 2, here we come!!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment