Sunday, February 3, 2019

Another busy week ahead.

We got to school a bit early on Sunday. We are almost always the first people there. The first half of the day was filled with our lighting dress rehearsal for the Year 2 show. It was just this side of disasterous, sadly. It’s really hard to get 80, 6 and 7 year olds to do the same thing, especially since some of them are not paying attention. We shall see if it all comes together on Monday and Tuesday. 

After school the kids and I took my car for its 30k service. Stuart met us there and we dropped him and Millie off at the house before heading to the doctor, as Jack’s hand had become infected from his biopsy wound. Yuck! We waited for almost 30 minutes and finally got some amoxicillin and some topical antibiotic. She told us to stop the original topical cream we were using and come for a follow-up on Saturday, which means Jack’s snowboard lessons have to be postponed yet another week. 

See the redness up his arm? He said it was really hurting him. 

I dropped Jack home and then went to Abela to get some meat pies for dinner. It’s the lazy way out for sure. When I got back, I fought the kids to take showers. Once the kids were clean, we all sat and watched Full House reruns while waiting for their pies to be warmed. After dinner, everyone settled into bed, or in my case on the sofa. Stuart went to bed, anticipating his interview. 

We all went to school together on Monday. Our dress rehearsal for the production was adorable.  Shows are always shown to the school the day before the parents are invited in. At the end of the show, we had to tell three boys they were not allowed to be a part of the production for the parents. They were fighting on stage. Although we are a private school, we are not immune to misbehaved children. 

Millie was Tinker Bell in our program. 

Stuart had his interview at 10 am. He felt it went well and the head of Year 4 told me she was going to use one of his ideas with her class. They were impressed by him. After his interview he went home to get Jack’s swim kit. We then went to pick up my car. Stuart called as Millie and I were getting snacks. It seems that Jack had forgotten his swim kit somewhere at school. The  swim gala was at another school. Stuart had looked in the lost and found and got him a pair of swim trunks. Jack was refusing to wear them. So Stuart explained to Jack that he couldn’t let his team down like that when there was an option of wearing these swim shorts they found. Because Stuart told him he wouldn’t play rugby at the weekend and he would have his PS4 taken away if he didn’t swim, he decided to put on the shorts. In the end he understood and was glad he had decided to wear the trunks. He won the freestyle race and came in second swimming the butterfly. 

After the gala, Millie and I went to the dentist because her silver tooth had been hurting her. Well, wouldn’t you know, the dentist no longer takes our insurance. So we got McDonalds and came home. Millie was in bed by 6:45 pm. She was exhausted. 

Tuesday morning we were up and out the door before 6:30 am. Our final program for the parents was even better than the day before. But one of my students had stage fright and wouldn’t go on stage. His mother was furious. He was definitely missed because he was one of our best singers and dancers. As a reward, the children spent the afternoon watching Peter Pan. 

Stuart’s school got out early because the UAE were playing in the semi finals of the Asia World Cup. The match didn’t start until 6 pm, so it only makes sense to let students out of school at 11:30 am, right? Some private schools also released students, but not ours. Oh well. Some of my students left early anyway.  We still had our staff meeting. I went to the mall closest to my school to walk around for a bit. I then got KFC and headed to the dance studio to collect Millie. 

Once we were home I heard that Jack had a bit of a scuffle with his friend Adam. Adam is Jack’s friend from his school last year. Jack is in the A team and hangs out with other players on the A team, which Adam is not a part of.  I think Jack leaves him out a bit. After we ate, the kids went to bed. Stuart booked his plane ticket to Phoenix. He has to go back for his biometrics for the renewal of his green card. He will be in Phoenix from the 8th to the 12th for a 20 minute appointment. I’m jealous. 

Wednesday was another day of work. It didn’t go terribly quickly, unfortunately. I had a cracking headache by the end of the day. My team was to go out for a dinner, but in the end we all decided we were too tired, and my team leader was sick and wouldn’t be at school the following day. Instead, I went to bed before 9 pm. 

Thursday morning I picked up Tommy and Alice, who are my team leader’s kids and friends of my kids. The plan was to go to the supermarket after school and then take them home. Unfortunately, Alice and Millie ran out to the play structure right after school, although they are not allowed to play out there after school. Within a few minutes, Alice came inside holding her arm and crying. Yep, she fell off the monkey bars and broke her arm. I nearly barfed. I can handle barfing and bleeding, but I can’t handle broken bones. I had to call Joan to come and get her. Tommy ended up staying with us until the following morning because Alice had to have surgery to put a pin in her arm. I felt so horrible. 

We did end up going to the supermarket after the Alice drama was over. Once we were home the boys played on the PS4 and Millie played on her iPad. Cathy came over for spaghetti and then everyone hit the sack. 

Jack was up at 5:15 am to catch the bus to his rugby match in Dubai. Stuart and I didn’t go because we were supposed to go to brunch with Joan and her husband, Gene, at 12:30, but since Alice broke her arm that knocked them out. So we took Cathy with us. The food was amazing and the sangrias were pretty tasty as well. 

Trader Vic’s for brunch. 

Jack’s team won 8-2 and he scored three of the tries. 

We came back to the house after brunch and Sean came over for a while. The kids went to bed and everyone went home. It was a good day and evening. 

Saturday was a lazy day to the max. We did absolutely nothing. Jack had a follow up appointment for his hand at 1:45 pm, which meant I had to get out of my jammies at 1:25 pm. The appointment lasted a total of 5 minutes. The infection was totally cleared up and we were instructed to start the medicine on the rash again. Everything I have read about granuloma annulare says you really just have to wait for the rash to disappear and it can take up to a year. So I’m hoping around May the rash will be gone. We shall see. 

Dinner consisted of leftovers and then television was watched and we were all in bed by 9pm. It’s tough being totally lazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment