Sunday, September 15, 2019

The busy days are in full swing!

Sunday Millie went to school in her PE kit with the intent to play bench ball, whatever that is, at lunch time. We had initially thought it was an after school activity but it wasn’t. Jack had swim squad after school so we ended up staying until about 4:30 pm. 

When Jack returned from swim squad I questioned whether he got into trouble for his issues on Thursday. He said that his House Master Just sat the boys down and spoke to them about their actions and how it was probably a good idea for them to keep in mind that these boys were a bit older and may not think their kind of play is fun. The boys agreed that they didn’t want to have this conversation again, and that they would be more careful and considerate from now on. Crisis averted, for now. 

Year 5 had their ‘hook’ day. Since their theme this term is How to Train Your Dragon, all the teachers dressed as Vikings.  

Once we were home from school Jack was complaining about a stomach ache. I ended up not going to our Committee meeting because of it. It’s tough for both Stuart and myself to be on the committee, especially with kids who need to be in bed on a school night. So I was a bit relieved to not have to go Sunday evening. Stuart had made salmon before he left. Jack didn’t want to eat initially, but in the end he did and actually felt better. I believe he has so much activity going on that he is not eating enough to keep himself going. Hopefully we will fix that soon. 

The kids went to bed as normal. Stuart was home from the club around 9 pm and went to bed. I fell asleep on the sofa and was awaken by Jack who had come downstairs to tell me he had thrown up. Lovely! Anyone know what salmon looks like 4 hours after it’s been eaten, not to mention what it smells like. 🤢 He’s so good at barfing, though. He didn’t hit any of his bed. He did, however, douse his Yoda rug. After cleaning up the mess and taking his rug into our shower to hose it off, waking Stuart up in the process, Javk settled back into his bed. I think messaged my head of operations to let her know I would most likely not be in on Monday. It was an eventful night for sure. 

I woke up at 5:20 am, relieved Jack had not been sick in the night. I went in to ask him how he felt and if he wanted to go to school. He said his stomach still hurt and he didn’t feel like going to school. Since he loves school I knew he was being truthful. Plus, Monday would be his first night of rugby training and he would miss that, so this was real. I got dressed, went into school to prepare for the people who would cover my lessons and then returned home to sit with my sick baby. He watched movies all day and just laid on the sofa. Around noon I made him some chicken noodle soup which he loved. He had some Sprite during the day and perked up. Then I started feeling ill. I was hoping it wasn’t a bug he was passing around. 

Tuesday we were back at school and all was well. Tuesday evening we had nothing to do so we were home and the kids thought we needed to have McDonalds. The normal routines ensued and all was well. 

Wednesday we were off to school before 6:30 am. We have started to pick up a co-worker this week, but he wasn’t feeling especially well so we skipped picking him up that morning. 

Millie had swim squad after school and Jack had football club. We went to the club for Jack’s first training. There weren’t enough for a full squad, but they have found a solution so the boys can still play through the entire year. That was all I was concerned about. I just wanted to make sure he would be able to play. When we got home from the club the Jack showered and ate. Millie has eaten at the club so she showered and went straight to bed. I fell asleep on the sofa. When I woke up Stuart had already gone to bed so I followed. 

When Thursday morning came I had a hard time believing that we were getting ready to complete our full second week of school. The day was relatively normal except for the last lesson of the day. One of the teaching assistance came in and interrupted my lesson just before it was over. She insisted I do something for her. She was making a bit of a scene and then when all was said and done she turned it around to say that I yelled at her. When I went to sort things out with her at the end of the day I discovered she had left. She had gone to the academic head and cried. I messaged her to tell her I was sorry I had upset her. She messaged the following back to me. Really?

This apology is not acceptable . We will meet in the presence of Mrs Johnstone, in order to know what mistake I did to you to deserve this kind of disrespect in front of all of the students and teachers . Kindly do not send massages on my personal Mobile any more.

So did she think that coming in and disrupting my lesson was respectful? Too much! At any rate, Mrs. Johnstone, the Head of academics, told me not to worry about it. So that was a fun way to end the week. Ugh!

After school we went to the golf club and Jack participated in his third tournament. He was excited. He scored a 39 on 9 holes which was a 3 par per hole. His handicap is now 8, so he was happy. When we left I asked him if he had everything. He said ‘yep’. We got home and I told him to get his clubs out of the back of the car. He opened the boot and, you guessed it, no clubs. ‘Oh,’ he said, ‘The guys asked me if I wanted them to clean my clubs and I said yes.’ He’s too much sometimes. 

I made waffles for the kids for dinner. They showered before dinner and then went to bed shortly after dinner. Stuart and I had eaten some nachos at the golf club so didn’t need anything once we got home. Stuart fell asleep on the sofa and I attempted to watch some of my trash shows but the internet was so slow that I couldn’t get any show to play. Stuart went to bed and I watched Netflix for a bit. I woke up on the sofa at 1 am and decided it was time to move upstairs. 

Friday morning I was up just after 6 am. Jack was already awake and every light was on down to the living room. It’s Jack’s way. I decided to do some school work so I wouldn’t have anything to do on Saturday. Around 9:30 am we headed to the mall to buy Jack some swim trunks and look for some birthday bag treats. When we were walking to the sport shop I noticed that Jack had a section in his hair that looked as if it had been shaved or cut. Clearly it had happened at school. I giggled and that offended Jack. I asked him how it happened and he said he didn’t know. He then turned it around on me and got mad, crying and being rude to me. Then he wouldn’t cooperate with us when we found him some swim trunks. Stuart got angry with him and said he wasn’t sure why we were letting him go with his friend Zayed to Dubai that afternoon. He had been invited to go to IMG World, an amusement park. I spoke with him about his attitude towards us and that it would only get him into trouble if he didn’t stop. He then told me what happened to his hair. He said in his Arabic class they were cutting things out and he and another kid were acting like they were going to cut each other’s hair. The other boy actually did cut Jack’s hair. This kid may kill me. Now that’s two incidents in two weeks. I’m not sure I will make it through these years. 

After getting Jack’s swim trunks we went to look for gift bag stuff. In the end we decided when you are 11 years old you don’t need to have birthday bags. We then went grocery shopping for the week. When we returned home Jack played on his PS4 for a bit. Millie’s attitude and sassiness caused her to lose her iPad for the weekend so she played with her babies. Carly showed up just before noon to babysit while we went to a 40th birthday brunch at the Rotana. Jack was picked up by Harry’s mum to go to the palace for their trip to IMG World. 

Harry and Jack are ready to be spoiled on their day out with royalty. 

Brunch was lovely as always. 

We left around 5:30 pm. Carly had a party to go to and we really didn’t want to stay out terribly late. Once we were home Millie had a shower and ate supper. Cathy came over for a chat. Millie went to bed at her normal time, thank goodness. Cathy left around 9 pm. Jack got home about 10 pm. He had thoroughly enjoyed himself. 

The boys were VIPs for the day and took advantage of the free juice in the lounge. 

They won these stuffed toys. Since Zayed paid for the games to win these items, he got to keep them, thank goodness. 

Jack was showered, had fruit, and was in bed around 10:30 pm. Stuart was in bed just before Jack. This new job is wearing Stuart out. 

Saturday morning the kids were up before any of us. I got up and Stuart helped me change our bed sheets. I went to see a swing set that the rugby club might be interested in buying. The one we bought over the summer was about half the size as we thought it would be, leaving half of our covered area looking very bare. The lady who was selling it wasn’t there, or so it seemed, so I went home and messaged her that I would come back in the afternoon. 

Once I was home I made cupcakes for our Favorites party at DeDe’s house. Cathy came over around 1 pm and we socialized for a bit before heading to DeDe’s. The party was a bit different. It seems that everyone who is still working for the government schools have lost that loving feeling for working in the UAE. It seems that the government schools are pushing out the westerners. I’m not sure how concerned they are about their people learning English any more. 

After the Favorites party Cathy and I went to look at the playground structure and purchased it. Then we were back at the house to have dinner. Cathy ate and ran while Millie went to bed and Jack watched television. Once the dinner was cleaned up I headed to take a shower. Jack then went to bed and Stuart followed shortly. I was in bed by 9:30 pm because I was starting my walking with the dogs the next morning at 5 am. I really do need more of a bed time than I have had over the past couple of years. So here’s to getting back into shape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment