Sunday, August 28, 2022

August 2022

Sunday morning the girls were up early from the birthday sleepover. I piled them all in the car and took them home around 10 o’clock. It’s the only way I can assure they will be out of my house before noon. The rest of the afternoon Stuart and I went shopping and then came home and Elise came over to have a swim. I got out of the pool around 4 PM to go have dinner with Sherry, Mary, Elisa, and Gina. We were celebrating my birthday and Mary’s birthday. I got this lovely robe that you see below. And the following picture shows me with my new jewelry and my new handbag. We went to North Italia for dinner, which was delightful. We had this cute waiter who was young enough to be my son. He was very charming. 
From Gina!
The jewelry was from Mary and Elisa. The bag was from Sherry! They all know me so well.

This is the burn mark that Jack had when he got in my car after football practice. It seems that he had a rub in a razor on his arm until it created a burn. He is clearly the gifted child!

Because I lost the blog this month, these pictures are really all I have to create my memories. I know that we were very busy with gymnastics, volleyball, and football. Millie did not forget the dogs birthdays on August 15. She created her own pup cup for each of the dogs.

So this happened, we bought a golf cart. Why? I really have no idea. But we bought it, and it is very you, and the children can only drive it when either Stuart or myself are in the golf cart. So naturally on the Tuesday after the dogs birthday, Jack wanted to drive us all to Creekside taco for dinner. Once we got there the kids were bored. It turns out that they just wanted to ride in the golf carts. They could’ve saved us a lot of money and we know that.

Jack had his first football game on August 15. It was hot as spire. He didn’t play a great deal, but I don’t think he’s terribly disappointed. Football is not going to be his forte. That pleases us down to the ground.

Jack was able to go to a park and play volleyball on Friday evening, so Millie felt left out. We drove the golf cart with Millie down to my mom and dad‘s house. They aren’t there, mind you, but we drove anyway. Drew wanted to check out the lights but he figured out how to fix.

This was the scene on Saturday, August 27, when we helped Liz pack up her truck and move to Las Cruces, New Mexico. It was exactly 9 years ago on that date that Stuart and I left for the Middle East. I was very sad to see her go, but I know I will go and visit her. In fact I already bought

Jack decided on Saturday night he would have a sleepover with all of his volleyball buddies. So Stuart made them fried chicken sandwiches.

Millie stayed up as late as she could on Saturday night but then clearly fell asleep with the dogs on the sofa.



No comments:

Post a Comment