Monday, March 17, 2014

Stuck in the Sand

As you may have read from Dana's last post, I got myself stuck in the sand last week! 
In November I bought a new car, which was described as Kia's rugged SUV with "go anywhere" 4WD. Well, as you can see in the picture, it cannot go anywhere and the light sand in the middle of town caused a huge problem.


I car pool with my Head of Faculty, Wade, and he has been trying to get me to cut across the sand on our way home for weeks. As you can see by the picture, I almost made it!

Luckily, one of my colleagues owns a proper 4WD (Jeep Wrangler) and had a tow rope. He was able to pull me out, but not before a crowd of laughing onlookers had gathered.

I did look in the handbook afterwards and it does say that the vehicle is NOT designed for off road driving!

LESSON LEARNED!


No comments:

Post a Comment