Sunday, November 19, 2017

Teeth pulled, rugby golf, and decorating for Christmas!

I went to school on Sunday a bit frazzled. I really needed to go see another Head of Faculty about the way they were reporting grades this term, but my principal would not let me leave the school to do so. This, in and of itself stressed me out. I just got on with things and did my bet to get materials sorted in my storage room. Teachers were pleased and excited about their supplies. That made me happy!


After school I picked up Millie and Claire. Stuart picked up Jack a bit later as he had basketball practice. While he was collecting Jack, I took Millie to have her two teeth extracted. She was a trooper, but it was so sad to see her in pain. She wanted to go to the rugby club after her teeth were pulled, but once we got there she was asleep and decided she would rather have go home. So we stopped at Abela and got ice cream. She tried to eat ice cream but it was difficult because her lip was still asleep. I had fed her and had her take a shower before we went to the dentist, knowing those tasks would be undesirable once she was home. Stuart and Jock got home from rugby. Millie was excited to show them the holes in her mouth. Millie went to bed shortly after that as she as worn out. 


Poor baby!


Look at the roots on those suckers!


She woke up in the morning and had drooled on her sheets, which meant little remnants of blood was on her sheets. So I stripped her bed and put the sheets in the wash. It was a fortunate thing because I remembered Jack’s PE kit had not been put in the dryer from the previous night and he had to wear it to school again that day.  


Monday at school was busy but very productive. I finished handing out supplies and got some of the assessment tools sorted out for the teachers. I didn’t get home until around 4 pm. By that time the kids had done their homework and were outside playing. The weather is great right now so we try to throw them outside as much as possible. 


Some kids came inside to play until almost 6 and since, by that time, Millie had eaten a grilled cheese and a chocolate (Nutella) sandwich, I knew she would shower and be ready for bed, yet she wasn’t. She wanted a bowl of pasta after she showered. She’s been on an eating spree lately. I hope this means she’s going to get taller soon. Time will tell. 


Jack had supper and they both watched television for a bit. Then Millie was off to bed. I showered and came back downstairs for some television with Jack. Once Jack was in bed I napped on the sofa, my favorite thing to do, as you know. Stuart and Sean came home from rugby and it was time to call it a night. 


Molly peed on my bedside rug at 2 am, then peed in front of the bathroom door at 4:30 am. Why can this dog not learn to whine when she has to go? So I woke up a bit cranky because I was awake an hour the first clean up and then stepped in the second pee puddle when my alarm went off. 


I went to school early because Stuart was home sick. I find getting there before anyone else helps me get more work done. I left school for a meeting at the district’s main office in town. The cluster manager, who is in charge of about 8 schools, wanted us to meet so that we could come up with some common assessments for term 2. The meeting ended just before noon so I went to lunch with two other Heads of Faculty. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home, and met Stuart there so he could pay!


When we got home I mopped some pee! That dog! I relaxed a bit before picking up Claire from school. Stuart went off to have my car washed and then he picked up Jack and Millie from the after school activities. Once they were home they did a bit of homework and got ready for rugby. 


We had nachos for dinner and the kids went straight to bed after they ate because of their behavior after school. They had been asked to when get ready for rugby, but chose to mess about instead. Lately, both of them have been a bit off in their behavior, but Jack especially. 


Wednesday at school we started the first of 11 different exams the students would have over the next two weeks. We are becoming very test driven now, which makes me a bit sad. The day at school was busy. We had a parent meeting after school so parents could find out how their children were doing in class. Some parents were more pleased than others. I stopped at the grocery store again on Wednesday to do our weekly shopping because I know I would be in no mood to do so over the weekend.


I came home with KFC for the kids. We ended up going to the club and taking the kids. We had a committee meeting to decide on some issues that needed immediate decisions. When we got home, the kids had fruit and ice cream and then they went to bed. I ate some left over stuff and watched television. 



They have started decorating for National Day. Call me crazy, but this looks like a Christmas tree to me. 


Thursday school was manic. It seems that the computer exam that was given on Wednesday and was supposed to be marked on Thursday by the computer teacher, would not be marked because the computer teacher called in sick. Really? So, because we are short handed anyway, my entire senior leadership team gathered in the meeting room and marked exams. Awesome!


Thursday evening we were off to play rugby golf. When we left the house I decided I would just take my wallet instead of my entire handbag. That is when I discovered I had left my wallet in the grocery cart on Wednesday after school. Ugh! I immediately called the store and they had found it. I told them I would come and collect it on Friday.







As you can see in the pictures, rugby golf was so much fun, but I was terrible. We did win a prize, though. We might have cheated a bit. 


I lounged around most of Friday. After lunch I decided to go and collect my wallet. Only in this country would everything still be in the wallet. This is such a safe and trustworthy society. It’s one of the things I love about living here. 


We just chilled the rest of the evening at the house. Stuart made belly pork and veggies for dinner and we watched Wonder Woman. 


Saturday we got up and went to sell the Land Rover. Sadly we didn’t get much for it, but we did get rid of it so I was thankful for that. While I negotiated with a company called Sell Any Car, Stuart took the kids to Action Zone yo play some games. They won tickets and got cheap crap for the tickets. It’s one of their favorite things to do. 


After the car deal was over, Stuart dropped me off at Jimi Mall and I met DeDe to go buy some Velcro for Sean’s uniform. We then went to the knock off store and I bought some new Chanel sun glasses. They are fake, but look real to me. We ran into Clare and May, who were also on the look out for some fake designer things. 


DeDe and I then went to have a bite to eat. We haven’t been able to properly catch up since returning from summer holidays. It was nice to spend time with her. 


When I got home, Scott and Henry were at the house. Scott had come by for a cup of tea and to wait for May to be finished at a birthday party. We then all went to the rugby club to watch the rugby match between Australia and England. England won, of course, which did not make Sean very happy. 


The kids and I got a ride home earlier than Sean and Stuart. By the time they got home, the kids were in bed and I was watching Christmas Vacation. I had started putting up the Christmas decorations that afternoon so it only made sense that we have our first viewing of the season. I was asleep before the movie was over, true to form. 


It was a great week and one week closer to Christmas, which excites the kids......and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment