Sunday, February 18, 2018

Another week closer to spring break!

I got reprimanded at school on Sunday because I was accused of telling a teacher when I would be coming for a walk through. Really? I love that the language barrier sometimes get us in trouble. Because if it’s said, then it must be true. At any rate, this was told to me just as I was leaving to go work on the continuous assessment. I just said I did not such thing and was offended that I was being accused of such a thing.  At our meeting we didn’t get much accomplished mainly because I griped about petty things at school. 


Stuart and I both went to collect the kids after school. Millie wasn’t feeling well, and had a meltdown when she was changing out of her school uniform.  So I convinced her that she and I should stay home while Stuart and Jack went to rugby. She had a bubble bath around 4 pm, got cozy in her fuzzy jumper, and we watched the film, Sing, for the hundredth time. 



School Monday was equally as fun as the day before. I was fine with Shaikha, our Vice Principal, but my principal ignored me all day. Oh well. 


I left school around 2 pm and went to pick up table decorations for the club for Valentine’s Day. I also picked up the last of our crafts for mine and DeDe’s craft day on Wednesday. I definitely had a lot going on this week. 


I got home, fed Jack, went to collect Millie from a play date at the mall. She had gone ice skating with her friend Zeina. 



Once we were home, the kids decided to take a bubble bath. They both ate some cereal and Millie went to bed. Jack stayed up and watched some television then was off to bed. 


Stuart got home just after 8 pm from rugby training. I fell asleep on the sofa around 9 pm, then woke up and went to bed. What a boring Monday we had. 


Tuesday at school I just worked in my office most of the day. I was to collect some scores of continuous assessment from my teachers to give to our Vice Principal. Sadly, I have some teachers who can’t follow directions. Ugh!  I got the information in the end, but it was like pulling teeth. 


The rumors are stirring over all this change in our school system. I just can’t listen because there’s no need to worry about anything until we know the true information. We’ve been told all kinds of things about our new contracts. I choose to not listen any longer. 


I left school early and sat in front of the kids’ school, waiting on dismissal. Every time I watch the way children are picked up from school I think of Diane Wells. She would have a heart attack at the car pool pick up. It’s frightful, at best. 


When Millie and I were on our way to her dance class, we saw a Lotus. 



Millie was terribly impressed. Once Millie’s dance class was over, I went to pick up Cathy and dropped off Millie. Cathy and I went for our last lesson of golf. Next week we will play 9 holes of golf, the culminating activity. Ya been so much fun. Cathy came home with me and Stuart was making pancakes as it was national pancake day. She stayed for a bit, but had to get home because she was having eye surgery the following morning. 





On Tuesday morning, Stuart had gone to the doctor because he was having sweats at school and his Vice Principal insisted. He got signed off for Wednesday. They determined that he just had a bug of some sort. 


Wednesday morning we were up and while I took the kids to school, Stuart took Cathy to the hospital to have eye surgery. She has eyelids that hang over her eyes, therefore making her vision impaired. I have the exact same thing. So if her eyes look good I am having the same surgery. 


I can only assume Stuart rested and watched Dr Who the whole day. Our friend James picked the kids up because we had given his daughter a ride to school in the morning. 


I ordered pizza and picked it up at the club to take to DeDe’s for the Valentine event. When I got home, Stuart had red roses for me. 



Par for the course, I got him a lot of nothing. We had agreed on that, but clearly he lied. The kids and I went to DeDe’s for our Valentine’s Day party around 4 pm. We did a couple of crafts and had pizza and snacks. The kids made their own Valentines. It was an enjoyable event, as it always is. 







When we got home, Stuart and the kids went to pick Cathy up from the hospital and I headed to the rugby club for the Valentine celebration for the Wednesday quiz night. Hannah and I had decorated and gotten prizes for the quiz, hoping to draw more people in to the club. It wasn’t a terribly attended event, but everyone who was there was complimentary of our efforts to make it a special night. I got home around 9 pm and went straight to bed. 


Thursday we had issues with a new teacher we received earlier in the week. Thank goodness I don’t have to sort through those things. I made some more reading books for our guided reading program and also did some walk throughs. 


Stuart stayed home again on Thursday as he just wasn’t feeling rightly. I was supposed to go to the doctor about my eyes, but didn’t realize that the Meseroll hospital in Abu Dhabi also had a doctor named Dr. Faten. So instead of booking my appointment in Al Ain hospital, I booked it in the Abu Dhabi hospital. Who would have thought there were two Dr. Fatens in two different cities. I called the hospital in Abu Dhabi and canceled the appointment, rescheduling it for Sunday in Al Ain. Ha! What a cotton headed ninny muggins I am. 


While I was at my appointment that didn’t exist, Stuart  took the kids to a birthday party at Bounce. 



I went to collect them at 5:30 pm. We stopped and picked up Cathy so she could come for dinner. Stuart made these hamburger pizza rolls. They were really good. I love when he tries something new. 


Friday we lazed around the house. I slept on the sofa for a while. I had woken up at 3 am and couldn’t go back to sleep so decided to go downstairs and watch tv. Jack was up just before 6, Stuart was up at 7 and Millie came down around 8. I did some Friday morning chores, then we left for Dubai to a rugby match at 1:30 pm. We dropped Stuart off at the pitch and then Millie and I went to Park and Shop, my favorite store in the UAE. Once Millie and I were done shopping we headed back to the rugby grounds to watch the match. It might be the first full game I’ve watched Stuart play, I’m ashamed to say. When they play in Al Ain I know everyone there so I’m too busy socializing to watch a lot of the match. Stuart played really well and even scored a try. 


We got home around 8:30 pm. The kids were up for showers and then went to bed. I stayed up to watch television for a bit. 


Saturday morning I was still trying to shake my cold. I laid around and watched television. Stuart went to the store to get some food for our roast dinner at the Richardson’s. 



Jack, Millie and I made blue velvet cupcakes, which I’m told were delicious. We left for the Richardson’s just before 5 pm, taking Duke for a play date with Biscuit, their dog, and a new puppy they had found that they named Snowy. She was so cute. 


As usual, we took the kids’ bikes as well as their shower things.  After dinner, the kids showered and we left for home shortly after 7 pm. The weekend was relatively uneventful. Ive come to love these types of weekends, the older I get.  


No comments:

Post a Comment