Sunday, March 11, 2018

Stay at home Mom is not a job for me!

Sunday I got up and I didn’t have to go to school. So I decided to get my hair done. I am very pleased with the outcome for sure. I find the older I get, the worse I look with long hair, mainly because I’m too lazy to fix it so I end up with a ponytail every day. 


New hair and new eyes! Old laugh lines!

My hair took most of the day. I didn’t do much the rest of the day, which was nice. Jack didn’t have Rugby training so we literally did nothing Sunday evening. The kids did some homework, went out to play for a bit, came in to shower, eat and go to bed. Sometimes our week nights are nothing but lounging, and I love it.  


Monday morning, since I was still signed off school, I met with Hannah to discuss the Spring Fair and the Masquerade Rugby Ball. We put together a list of what decorations we would need and how much money we would ask for from the committee that evening. 


I got home in the middle of the morning.  Stuart was home when I got there. He had a meeting regarding textbooks that ended early so he came home. 


After school we went to Jack’s basketball tournament at school. Because he doesn’t practice with them on a regular basis he isn’t the most skilled player out there. However, he’s still better than half of the team. 


Jack is he one on the far left in the back row. He’s two years younger than everyone else on his team. 

After his tournament we went home, got the kids changed, and went to the club. We had a committee meeting and didn’t get a babysitter, which is not always the best for the kids because sometimes the meetings run extremely long. Millie sat in my lap for most of the meeting because she didn’t feel well. I was sure she would need to stay home on Tuesday. 


Somehow, I convinced her to go to school Tuesday morning. Neither kids were terribly well, but I am under the impression that sometimes they need to suck it up. 


Tina came to clean so for part of the day I had to stay out of the way. I just laid around the house most of the day. I will admit that I was beginning to get bored on Tuesday afternoon. 


Tuesday evening I took Millie to dance. I came back and made Stromboli. Jack and Stuart went to Rugby training and when they got home Cathy came over and ate dinner with us. 


Wednesday there was more laying around. I should have been it and about doing some things for the Spring Fair and the ball, but I couldn’t be asked. Stuart went to training Wednesday evening and we just had leftovers. 


Thursday I got up and did some laundry. I then decided that I should head out and do some shopping for the Easter egg hunt. I went to the doctor for a check up and all was well. 


Thursday evening we went to the club for International Women’s Day. We had cake and brought out the Giant games. It was a fun evening. It wasn’t terribly attended but fun all the same. 


Friday morning Stuart made breakfast which is always our Friday treat. We thought about going to Abu Dhabi and letting the kids use their Adventure Head Quarters passes. But in the end we decided to just stay home. So instead, Millie went to the pool with her friend Ava. Jack played his PS4 after being grounded from it for two weeks, and then went to the pool with his friends. So at one time we were childless. 


We went to the Richardson’s just before 5 pm and took Duke. He barfed on the way down. Poor dog! He gets car sick every time he gets in the car. We ordered curry and the kids played outside and on the computer. It was a great evening. 


Saturday morning I slept in until almost 8 am. Once I was awake, I picked Cathy up and we went to the outlet mall so I could pick up my gifts for the ‘Favorites’ party I was going to that afternoon. We went to have breakfast at a new restaurant called The Telegraph Cafe. It was so cute and the food was amazing. There are few places that serve breakfast in Al Ain, so it was a good find. Afterwards we went into the Coop next door and found some good grocery deals. 


Breakfast! Yum!

On the way home we stopped in at the club so I could sort out the ball tickets and explain them to the reception staff. We were hopeful they would actually go on sale Saturday, and they did. We are so excited about this event. We’ve done a lot of work on it and hope it is a huge success!


I stopped at Abela to get a snack for the ‘Favorites’ party. That party was from 3-5 pm. It’s was fun, as usual. Once I was home, Cathy and Claire came over for pork chops, potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Millie actually tried a Brussels sprout. She didn’t like them, but she tried them. I call that progress. 


I went to bed kind of looking forward to getting back into the routine of school on Sunday. I discovered that if I were a stay at home Mom I would be fat as a fiddle. So it’s probably best I have a job.


Random ‘my dad gave me my summer buzz’ picture. 

Random ‘my dog’s bigger than your dog’ photo. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment