Sunday, May 6, 2018

A week of trouble and then came the weekend!

I didn’t sleep well in anticipation of what my principal was going to do about me leaving the school on Thursday. When I got to school I found out she was going home sick. So whatever my consequences would be, it would have to wait until Monday. I spent most of the day sorting out some things for my teachers so that once I was gone for my surgery they would still have things to keep them occupied. With Ramadan coming up the students were sure to be gone a bit of the holiday, so my teachers need to stay busy. 


After school we went to the club for a celebration for Stuart’s birthday. There were about 25 of us there. It was a good night. 










I didn’t get up to walk Monday morning. I just wasn’t feeling that hot. When I got to school, I did some work and then was called to the office around 11 am. It seems that my principal felt the need to give me a formal letter of reprimand. It was stated that I was insubordinate for leaving campus without her permission. It also stated she would report this to the appropriate departments. What she doesn’t understand is there is no such thing. I took it with a smile. 


I called Stuart to tell him about the letter and he stated I needed to file a formal complaint against her professional behavior toward myself and others who she disagrees with. He also told me he sold his truck. He has been complaining about how much money he spends in gas each month and had decided he needed something more economical. So there you have it. 


After I had emailed my cluster manager my letter, I felt better. I have an excellent relationship with her and she seems to know how my principal operates, so that’s helpful. 


After school I picked Millie and her friend Zeina up from school. The kids played at home and were joined by Ava and Hattie. I took Ava and Hattie home just before 6 and then took Millie and Zeina to McDonalds to play in the play area and have ice cream. I ended up dropping Zeina off at a mall as her mom was there with her older sister. 


We were home after Millie’s bedtime. She got in the shower and then straight into bed. Jack had gone with Stuart to rugby so I had a bit of time to myself before they came home. 


Tuesday morning I walked with Lara. We gossiped, as we always do, and I told her about my letter. We both laughed about it. 


When I got to school, my principal was so sweet to me. Do you think it had anything to do with the formal complaint letter I wrote about her unprofessionalism and preferential treatment she gives to some staff members? Who knows? All I know is she is being nice to me at the moment and I will take it. 


I picked Millie up from Yoga and we headed to pick up a little doll house we had purchased off of a family who is leaving in July. Then we headed to dance. After dance we came home, showered and the kids went to bed. 


Wednesday I decided not to walk. School was relatively uneventful and the day flew by. I didn’t go to boot camp. Instead, the kids and I  sorted their toys for the boot sale (rummage sale) that was scheduled at the club on Friday the 11th of May. Stuart said he would take care of it since I would be just one day out of surgery. I think he might regret this decision. We completely finished sorting Jack’s room. Millie lost focus and just couldn’t decide on what to sell. So her room would have to wait until early next week. 


Thursday school was very busy and productive. We had a senior leadership meeting and my principal was down right giddy. She was so friendly and nice. I’m thinking the other shoe is sure to drop soon. 


I picked the kids up at school and came home to get them ready to go to Dubai with Scott and Clare. Stuart and I had the rugby club Annual General Meeting so we couldn’t go to Dubai until after that was over. We really didn’t want to keep the kids from their fun so the Richardsons offered to take them to our hotel apartment and we would just arrive later. 


The kids were picked up at 3:30 and Stuart and I headed to the club at 4:30. The annual meeting was fun, not! It went on way too long. We ended up not getting to Dubai until around 10 pm. We had a couple of glasses of wine while sitting on our gorgeous balcony and then called it a night. 


We were up and around just after 7. Breakfast was had in the apartment. This was our view while drinking our coffee. 



We decided to take the kids swimming before our epic brunch at Bubbalicious, the most famous brunch in all of Dubai. The pool was on the ground floor and was shaded by the building, thank goodness because we forgot our sunscreen. 








Scott and Stuart went to the shop to get some milk, water, juice and sodas. They brought them back to the pool and we sat there a bit longer. We finally went upstairs just before 11 am to get ready for our brunch of a lifetime at Bubbalicious. It must be the most expensive brunch in Dubai. We were experiencing this with the O’Reilleys and the Richardsons, as they are our great friends who will be going back to their home countries this July. It’s the sad part of this expat life. People leave. 


The boys and their chucks. 

Best buddies even though Henry is almost three years older than Jack. 


The four lovely children. 

The Richardsons. 

The Telfords. 

The whole gang. 

The kids. 

My girls!

The entire crew. 

Ready for a sugar coma!

We arrived at the brunch and were overwhelmed by the food stations. There must have been 10 different cuisines, with many drink stations and several dessert stations. We ate and conversed for almost 4 hours. It was an amazing brunch. We went back to the hotel apartment and the kids went for a dip. Clare made them some sandwiches and we ordered schwarma. A good night was had by all. 


Saturday morning we moved a bit slower than we planned. All of us were feeling a bit of the brunch effects. We got around, had breakfast and several cups of coffee, and then headed to a scooter/skate board park at a place called Kite Beach in Dubai. It was hotter than the dickens! Clare and I left the dads with the kids and went for a walk in search of my new favorite boutique, Tipsy Gypsy. After about a 40 minute search, we discovered that the shop was no longer at Kite Beach. That saved me some money for sure. 






We decided to have lunch at an air conditioned hut on the beach called Salt. We had sliders and fries. After lunch we headed for home. Once we were home I started laundry and then Millie and I bathed Duke. Boy did he stink. We all showered soon after that and relaxed for the evening. A great weekend concluded a busy week. 


My chicken Cheeto slider and sweet potato fries! Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment