Sunday, May 20, 2018

My first week home from surgery

Sunday morning I got up when the kids did. Stuart had already made their lunches and our coffee. He took them to school on Sunday as I had still not been released to drive. However, I was feeling exceptionally well. 


I finally finished House of Cards, watching the last episode as the kids were coming home from school. I had a goal of getting at least 5000 steps in each day while I was recovering. Sadly, I didn’t hit the mark on Sunday. I was a bit lazy, but I kept telling myself that I was letting myself heal by lying around all day. 


Stuart picked Millie up from school. When she got home she did some homework. Stuart headed back to school to pick up Jack from water polo and he had a parent conference with Jack’s teacher. Apparently Jack is doing rather well, thank goodness. 


The AC guys came to replace the sensor in two of our ac units. This maintenance never ceases to amaze me. He pulled the wire out and dug in his plastic bag to get another one. The old wire was placed in the bag. I’m convinced that they just swap parts around until they are actually forced to replace the unit. I have to laugh. If I were the one paying for these repairs, it would be a different story, but since I’m not, I just laugh and called it a day. 


Once both kids were home, they played upstairs for a while. Then they showered, ate and went to bed. 


Monday I decided to sort out some things that needed to go to Arizona this summer and be stored, such as school things for the kids and some of our travel memorabilia. 


The kids got home and did some homework. They played upstairs and then came down for dinner. Jack wasn’t terribly keen on the bubble and squeak, so I didn’t make him eat it all. Stuart and I have a difficult time with all the veggies as well. So maybe we should stop making that for dinner. I had made cupcakes during the day so each kid got to have a cupcake and then they were off to bed. 


Tuesday I was up and the lunches were already made. Stuart has really done a wonderful job keeping all the balls in the air.  Tina came to clean. When she had to come into the living room, I decided to go to Abela to do my daily walk. I drove! It was easy. I bought things for dinner. 


Stuart picked Millie up from school while Jack went to the swim trials for the national swim team. He was so excited. In the end, he was told the practices might be six days a week. He didn’t seem terribly keen for that. We shall see what happens. Only 4 students were asked to try out, and he was the youngest. 


I took Millie to dance. When we got home, Stuart was making bbq pork sliders. I had made the Cole slaw earlier in the day and he had put the pork in the oven. I could be a house wife for a few weeks at least. 


Wednesday Cathy picked the kids up, as she had on Tuesday, to take them to school. I was a little worn out on Wednesday so I finished watching the first season of the new Dynasty series. 


After school we went to Scott and Clare’s to help celebrate May’s birthday. We had sausages and chips and a huge rainbow cake. It was announced that Ramadan would start the following day. 


So school days were shortened starting on Thursday. The kids didn’t have to be at school until 8:30 am and I went back to pick them up at 1:30 pm. After school we headed to Bounce to use their Ramadan pass. The kids bounced for 2 hours. I sat and talked with one of my teachers. It was great fun! I was wiped out once I got home. 


When we got home, Stuart had done the shopping for the next week and a half. I made calzones and the kids took showers. We had decided we were going to have a very chilled weekend. Cathy came over just after dinner and we sat at the table and listened to music. 


Friday we lazed around the house the kids played upstairs and watched television. At 3 pm, I decided to take the kids to Bounce again. We will do our best to abuse this pass in the month we have it. 


When we got home the kids ate dinner and then took showers. We let them stay up a little longer since it was the weekend. I Skyped my parents and both of my brothers were at their house in Branson as well. 


Saturday morning I didn’t get up until 8:30 am. I had such a wonderful sleep. When I got downstairs I got a message from Cathy asking if we were watching the Royal Wedding that afternoon. We hadn’t given it much thought, but started to put a plan into action to have a proper Royal Wedding event at the house. Before the wedding Millie and I put together some of her Lego because Stuart got around to putting up her shelf in her bedroom. 


Just after noon, the festivities began. It was just the house members, Cathy, Claire and her friend Ashley. 










We had all sorts of food and enjoyed he pomp and circumstance of the event. When the wedding was over we decided to cap the evening off by watching Four Weddings and a Funeral. The weekend ended on a bang. 





No comments:

Post a Comment