Sunday, June 3, 2018

A week full of friend time.

Sunday I got up and took the kids to school. When I came back, I did some laundry and called to get my leaking air conditioner fixed. The maintenance guy came about 30 minutes after I called him and fixed the problem. 


I picked the kids up from Bounce at 4 pm. We got home and I had to call Brian over to change the water bottle on our water cooler. Lara took Sean’s trousers and was going to hem them for him. She came over for a drink later. While Lara was at the house, the kids ate dinner. Millie fell asleep on the sofa and Kayla had to carry her upstairs. Jack went to bed shortly after and Lara and Kayla went home. 




Monday morning I was up and fixed lunches. Then I took the kids to school. I came home and worked on lesson plan feedback for my teachers. This is far from my favorite job. 


Again, Jack’s friend Adam’s mom took the kids to Bounce. I picked them up from Bounce at 4 and then was home by 4:30 fixing dinner for the Richardsons. Clare had messaged me earlier in the day and asked what I was up to for the evening. I offered to make dinner for everyone. They always bring Biscuit, and Duke loves her. She doesn’t love him so much, but she tolerates him. 


They left around 6:30 and my two went up and had a shower. When they came back downstairs they started watching a movie. Millie nearly fell asleep on the sofa again. I caught her just in time to have her walk to bed. Because Stuart was still in Thailand, there was no one there to carry her to bed. 


Jack went to bed around 8:15 pm and I continued to watch Suits. I went to bed just before 10 pm. Stuart messaged me at 11 pm to let me know they had landed from Phuket. I tossed and turned until I got a call from Stuart who was out on the front porch. I had forgotten to take the keys out of the lock on the front door, so I had to go downstairs to unlock the front door for Sean and Stuart. 


They came in, I walked upstairs, and I heard the shower turn on. The next thing I heard was the alarm going off, indicating it was time for another day to begin. Stuart dragged himself out of bed and got ready for work. He opened his case and brought out the gifts he had brought the kids, and the ones he had bought for me. We were all excited. 


He was off to work and I was off to take the kids to school. Once I dropped them off, I went to the supermarket to get something for dinner. Once home, I got a call from Stuart telling me he was on his way home. It seems he had hurt his back in the rugby tournament so his Vice Principal told him to go home. Sean had taken the rest of the week off, so he was going to be home the next three days as well. They both screwed up my television schedule. 


Just before 11 am Stuart and I went to the rugby club. He had to return some money from the tour and then we decided to eat lunch there. After we ate, it was back home until it was time to go pick up the kids. Stuart went on his own and I waited for him to bring Millie back. Once she was home, she changed clothes and we headed to Geraldine’s so that she and I could plan the leaving party for the O’Reillys, Turners and Richardsons. 


Once we had sorted everything out, Millie and I headed to dance. After dance we went back to the house and I fixed pizza for the kids, while Stuart fixed the adults bag tacos, my new favorite once a week meal. 


After the kids ate they headed upstairs for showers. Millie came down for about 10 minutes and then was off to bed, while Jack stayed downstairs for over an hour. We really aren’t as fussed about their bedtime during Ramadan. We were all in bed just before 10 pm. 


I got up to walk with Lara. She walks a bit slower than I do, so I knew I wouldn’t overdo it. It was hot! We went at 6 am and it was already 90 degrees and a bit muggy. After my walk, I showered and fixed the kids’ lunches. They had breakfast and then we were off to school. 


We had found out that our house in Arizona had rented so I worked on getting the utilities cut off by Friday. I also worked on renewing my teaching certification in Arizona. You can now do it online, which would be great if my fingerprint clearance card hadn’t been expired since September of 2016. Oops! So I inquired how I would get that done and re-certified by July 19? I was anxious for a response. We shall see. 


Stuart and I picked the kids up from school and took them to Bounce. I stayed with them and just played games on my phone. Once we were home, the kids showered and we went to Sushi night at the golf club with Cathy, Claire, Ashleigh and Mandy. After, Cathy came over for a bit. When we pulled into our complex, as always, the kids in the neighboring houses were playing in the street and didn’t make a move to get out of the way, which makes Stuart crazy. So, I got out of the car and trained all of them how to get out of the way when a car was coming toward them. Frustrating!


Thursday morning I decided not to walk. I still had the cold and just didn’t feel up to it. I took the kids to school and came home to sit on the sofa. That seems to be my routine lately. Stuart called and said he would be home just after noon and wanted to know if I wanted to go to lunch at McGettigan’s, an Irish pub, and the only place in Al Ain that had a pork license. So of course we had pork for lunch. Stuart had bangers and mash, and I had pork belly popcorn balls. Delish!!!!!


After lunch, Stuart pumped gas for the first time in the UAE. 

They are passing out these to everyone. This explains how to pump your own gas. It’s he first time they have ever allowed you to do so. Ha!

Once we left the restaurant, we headed to Remal Mall, where Bounce is located, and we shopped for a bit before picking up the kids at Bounce. When we got home, the Richardsons arrived and we ate dinner and had a good time chatting, planning the following weekend we would have away in Dubai. We don’t have many more weekends away with them which makes us a bit sad. 


Friday morning I got up and headed to Dubai for a day of shopping with DeDe, Heather, Hassah and Hassah’s brother, Rakan. We went to my favorite shop called Tipsy Gypsy and I bought 4 pair of wide legged trousers. They are so comfy and great for work. They are also wild in color, which I love. It was a great day, but exhausting all the same. We ended up having Iftar (the meal that breaks the Muslim fast) at Texas Roadhouse. We didn’t get home until almost 10 pm. I was tired but was so glad I had gone with them for a great day out. 


Saturday I seriously just lounged around the house all day. I helped the kids tie dye T-shirt, but they didn’t turn out so well. 






The kids had a birthday party to go to in the neighborhood and once they were home we headed to the Richardsons for dinner. We took Duke and the Turners brought their dog, Maggie. It was a perfect way to end the weekend. 


Two more weeks home, three weeks of school, and then we are Arizona bound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment