Sunday, April 21, 2019

Term 3 has begun

I got up to walk on Sunday morning only to see it was raining. So back to bed I went for another hour. It had rained most of the night, so the first day back to school would prove to be a bit scattered. I had difficulty getting into the groove of things. I wasn’t terribly motivated. 

Lara and I decided to walk after school, but the wind and sand were too much. So instead I had a cup of tea with Cathy. She had come over for Stuart to help her with her new employee pack for Brighton. Jack went out to play with his friends while Millie played upstairs. 

I wasn’t very hungry, and since I have started to feel a bit like sausage in a casing, I felt I could afford to go easy on dinner. I ironed some clothes for the rest of the week and then went to the store to get the kids some meat pastries and Stuart some cheese. When I returned, Mary Poppins was in full swing due to Stuart’s desire to watch it.  I ended my evening with a bag of popcorn. 

Monday I spent a great deal of time making sure I knew what my lessons needed to be for the term. It was a good working day. I went to see Walid about getting us in a new house by June 15. He said he would do his best. 

When I left school, I met Stuart at a house to look at it. It was WAY too big for us. In fact, it was a house that was built as two separate houses, and it was a wreck. It still amazes me how they show these homes. They are never done up like they would be at home. They are frankly, often, something I would never consider living in. However, once a contract is written on a home, it’s amazing how it transforms into something livable. 

We got home and went out again to house search. Once we were home for good, the kids showered and ate dinner. Stuart and I vegged on the sofas for the rest of the evening. 

I was going to get up on Tuesday morning to walk, but I slept so crappy I decided to give it a miss. Once at school I decided I would meet Lara after Millie’s dance class and walk then. 

We took our classes to the supermarket for a school trip. We practiced our skills with money as well as selected healthy food. It was so fun. We had a picnic once we returned to school with the food we bought. After school we had our normal Tuesday staff briefing. It was over around 4 pm. Stuart had picked Jack up from school and Millie had gone with her friend Orla for her dance classes. 

I met Stuart to look at more houses. We found one we liked, but it’s more expensive than our housing allowance. We shall see what our finance guy at school can negotiate. 

I then headed to dance to see Millie before she went into her second class. I brought her some chips but arrived just as she was going back into the studio so she wasn’t able to eat them. 

Once dance was over, we headed home. Stuart had ordered McDonalds for everyone. The kids ate, showered and I headed out to walk with Lara.  Once I was home, I showered and called it a night. 

Wednesday I got up and walked with Lara. We have decided we had better get our bodies into some sort of shape before we start heading to the pool everyday. It’s heating up fast here and it won’t be long until the pool will be the only place we will be able to get relief. 

At school we started our theme work of Under the Sea. We sketched fish, fish printed fish, and dissected those same fish. It was WAY more fun than I had anticipated. However, it was quite difficult to get the smell of fish out of my nose. Ick!

The eye was very difficult to get out of the fish’s eye socket. 

After school we headed to the club. The kids played and we met up with some friends. We got home around  8 pm. The kids showered and went to bed, but not without a bit of whinging. They don’t know a good thing when they’ve got it. Lara and Brian came over for a chat and we sat in our carport that we have made into a front porch. We solved all the problems of the world. Lara and I decided since we had a late night, we wouldn’t get up to walk Thursday morning. 

School on Thursday went quickly, thank goodness. We started the day with our House competition. This was Millie’s teacher’s last day. She wanted to buy him some chocolate and a rose, so we had stopped the previous evening to purchase those things. 

Once school was over, we headed home and got ready for the rugby prize giving at the club. It was for all youth and adult teams. It was to start at 5 pm and conclude at 8 pm. I was the MC for the event, which seems to be my lot in life recently. I’m told they think my voice is easy for people from all over the world to understand. I think it’s just that they can’t find another sucker to do it. At the prize giving Lara walked our Under the Big Top Rugby Ball clipboard around to sign people up. Fortunately, we got enough signed up to assure the ball was a go. Whew!

Hannah, me and Sean were just waiting for the party to begin. 

Jacks team. 

Jack, himself. 
The community team was represented well. 

My favorite community player. 

Once the prize giving was over, we brought the kids home and went to Millie’s teacher’s leaving party. We ended up not getting home until 1 am. This made it more difficult to get up and go to church but we managed. 

After church we went grocery shopping and Stuart made us a beautiful lamb dinner. Cathy was over and after the kids went to bed we watched Graham Norton. He’s a talk show host from the UK. He is hilarious. We spent two hours watching different clips on YouTube. 

Saturday morning I went to get the material for the swags to decorate the beer garden when the ball was to be held. We went to the club to get some other things we needed to decorate for the ball. Once home, I started prepping lunches for the following week. I had some lunch and Stuart and I watched movies. We seem to do a great deal of movie watching these days. 

Jack played out most of the day since he was still grounded from his PS4. Millie convinced us that if she stayed in her pjs all day long then she wouldn’t need a shower that evening. Fine by me. 

She ended up not holding up her end of the bargain, but she only went outside for about 10 minutes. 

The rest of the day was pretty chilled. We had dinner, Jack showered, and then the kids went to bed. Cathy came over and we ordered from the Schwarma Shack. It was delicious. We called it a night around 9 pm. One week down, another 11 to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment