Sunday, June 16, 2019

4 weeks left....4 LONG WEEKS!

Getting up earlier than we did during the month of Ramadan proved to be very challenging for the kids. I was up and walking at 4:45 am, so I clearly didn’t have a problem. Jack and Millie faffed about until their inability to get out of the door on time threw me off my routine causing me to leave my phone at home. Ugh!

School drug on for forever. I had my interview for the lead teacher for Year 1 (kindergarten).  I felt it went alright, but suspect since I have never taught that year group, I won’t be seriously considered. Time will tell, I suppose. 

I was going to go to the gym after school to workout, but since it was 113 degrees outside, once I got home I had no interest in going back out into that oven. Plus, my knee was still pretty tender. Jack had his first golf lesson at 5 pm. Stuart took him. A video was posted of his first shot and a shot after 30 minutes of instruction. He really does listen to and follow instructions unless they are given my Stuart or myself.  Jack and Stuart got home and we all had dinner. The kids went to bed and Stuart and I watched some television. 

Monday during the first lesson, Joan and I went to get sweets  for our sweet shop we were having later in the week. We ended up eating breakfast at Le Brioche. Cheeky of us, I know. Stuart came to change over the title of the Dodge Durango we decided to buy off of a guy who is leaving in July. We are serial cat buyers. It’ss nuts! So now we have to sell Stuart’s car. 

After school the kids and I came home. I took Millie to gymnastics and she loved it. She had her own personal lesson, which was awesome for her. When Millie and I got home we had dinner. When I put her to bed she had a meltdown because Stuart was leaving in an hour. Just after Jack went to bed, and Stuart left for the airport. I slept on the sofa for a while. I almost always go up to bed later than Stuart, but when he’s gone I stay on the sofa even longer. 

I got up and walked the dogs on Tuesday morning, knowing my day would be super long. I had a disciplinary issue at school which was terribly draining. Private message me if you want to know what it was. 

We had our staff briefing after school. Then I was off because Millie had her demonstration performance at ballet and gymnastics dance. This was the last time she would be with these teachers as they are both returning to the UK. Her teacher named two girls as the ones with the most potention and gave each of them a gym mat. Millie was one of those girls and was so pleased. 

McDonalds was our dinner of choice, as is with every Tuesday evening. When it was bedtime, Millie had another meltdown because she had lines to memorize for the assembly Thursday as a member of Pupil Council. I clearly wasn’t helping her the way she wanted me to.  I so look forward to when her hormones actually kick in. She finally chilled out and practiced her lines, after a shower.  All the children were in bed by 9 pm. It was a later night than I cared for and I suspected getting ready for school on Wednesday would be challenging. 

My alarm went off to walk the dogs but I just couldn’t be asked.  The kids actually got ready much more easily than I had anticipated.  Once we were at school, I met with the naughty child’s mother. She was very supportive. My students at school are off the hook. They are already on summer holidays and having difficulty concentrating. 

On the way home from school we stopped at the supermarket Jack got a hair cut. 

Slick!

Millie had gymnastics again on Wednesday evening. In three lessons, I am amazed at what she had done. 

We got home and I made dinner for the kids. They showered and then were off to bed. Lara came over for a chat but left just before 10 pm. 

Thursday I was thrilled the week was over.  On the way home from school, we stopped at the grocery store for some needed items. Jack was collected at 4:30 to go to his golf tournament, where he shot a 30 and won 1st place in the division 2 group. He was so pleased with himself. He had one lesson and improved his round of 9 holes by 17 strokes. Amazing, that boy!

Fraser is the golf pro who has been giving Jack lessons. 

Friday morning I had every intention of going to church but didn’t feel so hot. The kids played and I laid on the sofa. My knee was kind of giving me issues so I considered going to the doctor, but in the end decided I wouldn’t. 

Friday was Cathy’s birthday, so we went to dinner with her, her mother and Claire. We went to Off the Hook, our new found favorite seafood place. We had a lovely evening and because I didn’t get her a birthday gift, I decided to pay for dinner. They all came back to ours for a while and then we called it a night around 9 pm. 

Saturday morning I invited some of my girlfriends over for a light brunch. I made an egg casserole and muffins. We spent a couple of hours just gabbing to each other. Lara left first as she had to tutor. Rochelle and Leanna left just before 1 pm, at which point Lara came back and Brian joined her. 

Lara, Jane, Jenny, and half of me. I’m not the best at selfies. 

Then our friends from New Zealand, Jane and Bryce, came over. They are leaving this year for good. Jenny and Alex Brown also wandered over. All of these people live in our compound so get togethers are super easy and happen quite often, without prior planning. The kids ate and showered just after 6 and then the crew moved the party to Brian and Lara’s to play darts. I’m not a dart girl, so the kids and I called it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment