Sunday, June 9, 2019

New tires, a week off work and all is well

The first day of our Eid holiday I didn’t wake up until 8:30 am. Jack actually woke up to come and ask Stuart why Tommy wasn’t still at our house. Stuart explained that Tommy decided he wanted to watch the Liverpool match with his dad, which started at 11 pm our time. 

Once I was up, I Skyped Grammie and Pop and we sorted out details of Stuart returning to Arizona in a week or so. I can’t remember if I wrote about it, but his new green card he came to get in February never showed up at my parents’ house. So, lucky him, he gets to do it all again, which requires him to attend an appointment in Arizona. We also talked about our holiday in Italy this summer. We are all very excited. We do love to go to different countries with our family. We get to spend more quality time with them when we go to a destination. 

Stuart went to get new tires for my car and now hopefully that car is sorted for a while. We then went to the grocery store. It was our big outing of the day. Once we were home, Joan had messaged and said she would pick up both kids at 3 pm for a sleepover. It really helped us out as we had our committee meeting at the club Sunday evening. 

We left for the club just before 5 pm. Our meeting lasted nearly three hours. I’m hoping that was a one off, otherwise I may have to step down from social secretary. 

Jack and Millie called to say goodnight. Jack informed me that he scored a 29 on the academy golf course that evening. It seems he’s a bit of a natural. He is going to have some lessons this month. Why does he LOVE every sport he plays? It’s going to get expensive! 

Stuart got up at 3 am to go with Brian to fish in Fujeriah. Allegedly they were going to do some maintenance on Brian’s boat, but I think it was just an excuse to catch some fish. I just hoped he would bring home some fish. 

The kids and I really did nothing all day. I did some laundry and then parked it on the sofa for the day. Stuart messaged around 3:30 pm to say we were going to Lara and Brian’s for fish! 

Here is the Mahi Mahi he caught. 

Once Stuart was home we went to Lara and Brian’s for fish! It was delicious! The Barricuda that Brian caught was a bit bony, but the Mahi Mahi was quite tasty. 

Tuesday morning we got up and went to see Aladdin. Cathy and her mum came with us. The film was amazing, even Jack liked it. He was cranky before the movie because I was forcing him to see it with us. He admitted that he was glad in the end. Since he has lost his PlayStation ......again because Stuart got an email from PlayStation warning he might lose his playing privileges due to questionable content in his chats, he didn’t have anything else to do. When he fessed up to what he did, which was write ‘F you’ to someone he was playing with was being rude to him. Of course, said person reported him to Sony, as you would. We have told him countless times to not get into a conversation with people who he doesn’t know. It’s so aggravating to take that silly PS4 away every other week, but at least we have a consequence for him that really matters to him. But never mind!

Aladdin and snacks!

After the movie, we walked around the mall and then decided to have lunch. Then, because Jack and Millie couldn’t stop pestering each other, we headed home. Once we were home, we watched Netflix. Then Jack and Stuart headed to the golf course, while Millie and I headed to her next to last dance class for this school year. 

When we got home, Millie showered and ate dinner, as did Jack. Cathy and her mum came over. We had an evening of chatting and music. I do so appreciate our friendships here, although I miss my friends from home for sure. 

Wednesday morning we got up and got ready to go up the mountain to the Mercure, a hotel that has a pool and water slides. We met Joan, Tommy and Alice up there. We stayed for several hours. Tommy and Alice came home with us. Stuart took the boys to the driving range, while Millie, Alice and I watched Trolls. We were exactly sure if Alice would spend the night, but she did. And this was how the 4 of them slept. 

Jack took up almost half the bed. Bless their little hearts! Millie was actually supposed to be in between Alice and Jack. Not sure what happened there, but they all slept through the night, although Millie must have been kicked out in the middle of the night because I found her in her bed the following morning. 

Breakfast was waffles with Nutella and syrup. 

Clearly all children didn’t reapply sunscreen from the previous day. Oops! 

Stuart had his broken tooth extracted at 9 am, then went to the club for a meeting with Andrew. He returned just before Alice and Tommy were picked up around 11 am. Jack and Millie headed to a birthday party at Ian’s at 1 pm. After the party, one of Lara and Brian’s friends came to our house and sorted out our television so I could indulge in my trash tv once again. 

I took Jack to his first ever golf tournament around 5 pm. It was recommended we follow him around for the first couple of tournaments so he knew all the rules and was less inclined to cheat. 


He was in a group of three. One of the boys was Tommy, the other one was Jacques, one of my former teacher’s sons. So I walked around with Shannon as well. While I was at the tournament, Millie lost another tooth. She had to send me a picture. She’s so funny! Jack didn’t do so well his first round, and he was really discouraged by it. But he came out of it pretty quickly. He had fun and said he would do it again. He starts lessons on Sunday, so that will help. 

I was up Friday morning and went to Dubai with DeDe I hadn’t seen her in so long. She has been going through some rough times so it was good to catch up with her and do a bit of shopping. We also ate at our favorite Mexican place and did our usual shopping trip to Park and Shop. It was a great day. 

I was home by 4:15, which was much earlier than expected. Stuart had gone to brunch with his rugby team. 


He and Sean came back to ours after brunch, but Sean didn’t stay long. Stuart went to bed early and I watched trash on television. It was a good day!

Saturday morning I woke up at 5:30 am. Why is our body clock so bossy sometimes? It’s irritating. We all lounged around until about 10:30 when I took Millie to her first gymnastics class in Al Ain. It was a beginners class so I wasn’t sure she would like it. I was hopeful that the coach would watch her and maybe decideshe could cope with the advanced class. She was clearly more skilled than the other little ones in the group. 

After the class the coach told me for this last month of school she would be enrolled in the general class and then when school started in September she would be moved into the advanced class. She was thrilled. She gets an official leotard and everything. 

Once we were home from the class, the kids played and we watched television. It was another lazy day. I love them so. Around 3:30 I got a message that Lara’s cat was getting ready to have her kittens. We all went over for a while, but the silly things didn’t come until around 7:30, so we didn’t actually witness it but the kids were still excited. 

Sean, Carly, Cathy and Pamela (Cathy’s mum) came over for take out. They all left around 9 pm and we called it a night. 

The kids insisted on playing Pie Face when Carly and Sean arrived Saturday evening. Millie was the only one who got the pie in her face, and hair, and on her shirt. Ugh! Why do people think this is a good birthday present? 


No comments:

Post a Comment