Sunday, January 12, 2020

The Party’s Over!

The alarm clock rang too early. I turned it off and messaged Lara to tell her I wouldn’t be walking because Millie had been up so late the night before. Millie came into our bed at 6 am just as chipper as she could be. It was irritating because she’s the child that needs a solid 11 hours of sleep at night. I can only assume she will have a meltdown at some stage this week. 

Stuart had his theme day at school. His year group is studying European countries and he did Switzerland. He had ordered lederhosen to be delivered to his mum’s house when we were there for Christmas. 

Doesn’t he look cute!

We had a meeting after school about our school benefit package. It seems that all is staying the same for those of us already employed by the company. It also seems we won’t have a school inspection this year, which pleased all of us. Once our meeting was over I took Jack to get his bottom braces. He chose a different color rubber band this time. He’s confident in his decision. 

Pink it is!

We swung through McDonalds on the way home. When we got home MILLIE had already showered. She ate and then went to bed very easily. She was exhausted. We chilled for the rest of the evening, which was nice. 

Jack woke me at 3 am complaining of his lower jaw. Seems the new braces on the bottom were a little more sore than he had anticipated. Poor kid! I gave him Tylenol and sent him back to bed. Then I felt bad because I had heard him whimper as I walked out. So I went back in and laid down with him for about 10 minutes, until I knew he had fallen back to sleep. 

As I anticipated, when he woke up Monday morning he didn’t want to go to school. I told him at 7 am he could have some more Tylenol and he would just have to deal with it. Once we were at school he seemed to be a bit better. Then at 9 am I got a call from the school nurse saying that he was in her office complaining of his mouth. I told her to send him back to class and tell him he could come back at 11 for more Tylenol. I thought that would work. However, at 9:30 am she called again and said he was back. I told her I would come and get him. I just so happened to have a free period and was able to run him home. I asked our neighbor to look in on him a couple of times, but felt bad I couldn’t stay home with him. 

Stuart rushed home after school and I stayed and worked for a bit. When I got home Jack was still on the sofa, but said he felt a bit better. Sadly, the braces pain is something he is just going to have to get through. Because he came home early from school, I didn’t feel right letting him go to rugby training. He wasn’t up for it anyway. Millie also complained that she wasn’t feeling well enough to go to training. She has had a bit of a cold the last few days so we let her stay home as well, which meant I got to stay home. Stuart still had to go as he is one of the coaches. He was also supposed to have his own training. However, he decided to hang around for training rather than actually training. He got home just after 8 pm. Jack went to bed and I fell asleep on the sofa. 

Tuesday morning Millie felt a lot better. I had given her some cold medicine the night before which seemed to help. We traveled separately to school again as Jack’s wire on his top braces had come off and we needed to go after school to get it fixed. 

We came home and had eggs and toast for dinner. We had nothing to do on Tuesday night, which was great. For the time being Jack doesn’t have touch rugby on Tuesday’s, which is a relief. 

Wednesday school was boring and uneventful. After school Stuart had a meeting that lasted longer than it should have. We came home and the kids got all of their things ready for the tri club. Millie had no helmet for biking. So instead of going to training with us, Stuart went out and found her a helmet. I took the kids to training and resigned myself to walking three miles. I’m on a new health kick. I wish I could keep it up for the rest of my life, but I’m pretty sure I can only handle it for a few months. My goal is to fit back into some shorts before it turns hot here. Oh wait, it’s never not hot here. Ha!

We came home and the kids showered. Millie had a snack. Jack ate whatever he could find, and after Millie was in bed I called my mom on messenger. We had a really good conversation. We seldom just get to talk to each other. Stuart brought me a cup of tea upon my request. And sat and talked for a while. Once I finished my conversation with my mom, I had a bite to eat. Stuart and I watched television for a while and then we went to bed. 

Thursday morning it was dreary outside. By the end of the day it was obvious that rain was going to set in for a few days. The kids had triathlon club after school but didn’t swim as the pool was too cold. They thoroughly enjoyed participating. I stayed at school and worked on my plans for next week. As much as I don’t want to be at school the last day of the work week until 4:30 pm, it does save me from working over the weekend. 

We stopped at the supper market on our way home and got something for the kids for dinner. Stuart had planned to make scotch eggs for us, but we knew Millie wouldn’t eat them. Millie acted up in the supermarket, but we have finally figured out that when she is terribly disobedient and defiant, it stems from not getting enough sleep. So, needless to say, when we got home she ate and went to bed. 

Friday morning I slept until 8 am, as did Millie. We went to the supermarket for a big shop. We also made some life decisions, as we often do at the store, and will share it all in the next couple of weeks. When we got home I took Millie for a play date to one of the neighbors who goes to the same school. Then Jack went with me to pick up my new glasses and I took him to a friend of his for a birthday sleepover. No kids!
It was a rare time for us. 

Millie had a blast at her friend Islay’s house. It rained all day long on Friday, so naturally a puddle jump or two was in order. 

I picked Millie up at around 6 pm, fed her and she went to bed a little late as I was talking to Grammie and Pop about our next step in our lives. 

Saturday morning I was up and at an appointment to sell my Ford. Having three cars is certainly not necessary. Within an hour I got the price I wanted. Yahoo! Stuart has gone to pick Jack up and then headed to collect me. 

The boys had a splash around as well. 

When We got home I collected Islay for another play date. The rain continued and it was delightful. The rest of the day was just us sitting around and enjoying the cool, wet weather. It was a lovely weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment