Sunday, February 2, 2020

Just two weeks until our half term break

The week started with one of my team mates’ wife giving birth. She ended up being nearly 2 weeks early, but she was huge so none of us was surprised. He left no plans for his cover teacher, so that wasn’t great, but my team of men have difficulty keeping on top of things. I will not miss working with them at all. I like them as people, but not as team members. 

When we got home from school Millie and I took Pumpkin to the vet for her shots and a micro chip. When we got home, Stuart headed out to take the jerseys and the shade structure back to the rugby club from the tournament weekend. Millie and I cleaned out her room, which was quite a task. It took us about 2 hours and she still has a load of crap left to sort through. 

Monday Millie had swim squad after school. I left the school while she swam and went to buy quail for our mummification lesson the following day. We then went to rugby. We got take away from the club. Duke decided he wanted take away as well so ate a chicken strip that Millie had left on the coffee table. After dinner, Jack did his homework which was a video interview of our family history. 

Tuesday after school we had a staff meeting and then I took the kids and a friend of Millie’s to the mall arcade. We spent a lot of money for a Tuesday. Stuart met us at the mall after picking up his new glasses and we had dinner. I then took Millie’s friend home. When we got home the kids showered and Millie went to bed. 

This was one of the rides the kids love at Action Zone. 

Wednesday we mummified our quail. I had no idea what to do so had to rely on my teaching assistant for help. After school the kids had an athletics event which was basically relay races against surrounding schools. They both had fun and did rather well. We then went to rugby training. After we were home and the kids were fed, they went to bed and I watched the latest episode of The Bachelor and packed for our jaunt to Dubai the following day. 

Thursday after school the kids had tri club. After tri club, the kids and I went to Dubai to meet up with Ev, my sister in law Louise’s mother. We went to dinner for her 75th birthday at McGettigans, an Irish pub. Ev and I had a good gossip once the kids were asleep. We finally got to bed at midnight. Stuart stayed at home as the next day he was going to Muscat, Oman, for a rugby tournament. He stayed In Oman on Friday night. 

The four of us outside of McGettigans. 

Friday morning we left the hotel, after a breakfast of Tim Horton’s and went to Jack’s rugby match. 

Ev and I posed outside of the Dubai 7s stadium. 

Ick is the one in the blue scrum cap. He used to wear a green one, but our cleaning lady put it in the tumble dryer and it shrunk. In hind sight it’s been a blessing as now he is the only kid with a blue scrum cap. It’s easier to spot him on the pitch. 

We had to leave before the end of his match to get Ev back to the cruise ship port. I then took Millie to a mall for some shopping. She lost the plot. She started yelling at me as I was buying her some flip flops. She was tired, but that wasn’t a good enough excuse. This child may be the death of me. 

The fun continued when Jack’s team got back to the club. 

We drove home and went to the club to collect Jack. He had ridden the bus back to the club after his match.  We stayed for a bit and then went to the supermarket. Jack ended up going to his friend Tadgh’s house for a sleepover. When Millie and I got home, I put the groceries away and then Millie and I took a shower and got our jammies on for a cozy night at home. 

Saturday morning we were up and picked Jack up from his sleepover. We then headed to school for the Spring Fayre, something none of us was excited about. Coming to school on your day off is not terribly exciting. The kids had fun and spent a great deal of my money, so I guess not all was a loss. 

We got home just after Stuart returned from Muscat. He then went to collect Cathy as she had flown into Dubai Saturday morning. Her car was at our house so she needed to come and collect it. It was a bit weird as in the time she has been gone we have made the decision to come home and also have sold a great deal of things. She was delayed in England for nearly a month as her lung had collapsed and she had to have major surgery to repair it. 

Once she had left, and Stuart returned from taking the rental van back that they had taken to Muscat, we had dinner of crock pot chicken fajitas. Jack fell asleep on the sofa around 7:30, which wasn’t terribly surprising. He had two late nights the previous evenings so an early night was best for him. I fell asleep on the sofa as well, which is the norm for me. A full weekend leaves me needing another weekend, sadly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment