Sunday, January 25, 2015

A busy week just became busier

Sunday afternoon I had to have my Vice Principal and other Head of Faculty come into the room to call the kids down.  They were out of control, and for me to have to call in reinforcements you know it has to be bad. Ugh! I only felt better when the following afternoon the other Head of Faculty reported at one time towards the end of the day she only had eight boys in her class. It seems the other boys took it upon themselves to run out of the classroom and chase each other in the hallways. Bahahaha!

Sunday evening I stayed home with Millie instead of going to Jack's rugby practice. We decided to watch Barbie Dreamhouse......again! It amazes me how many times she can watch the same show and not get bored with it. 

Monday school was better, for me at least. I taught the boys in the morning so they weren't quite so wild. It seems they rev up after they eat lunch. 

Monday evening I had a good training session and committed to play in a tournament in Abu Dhabi on Friday. I was very excited to play in my second tournament, but did worry about my knee's ability to hold up. 

Tuesday school was equally nuts. Showed magic school bus. Kids were not interested. 

Tuesday night Millie and I went with Jack and Stuart to rugby practice. When we got home I fell asleep on the sofa. I woke up around 11 pm and went to bed. At 12:30 am I found myself wide awake so I decided to watch the Bachelor. When I finally went back to sleep, at 2:50 am, I dreaded the alarm going off just a little over two hours later. It turns out I didn't need to worry about the alarm, yet the little peanut who came in at 3:25 am and announced, 'Mama, I'm wet'. Boo!

I sat her on the toilet, got her new jammies, put her in my bed, changed her sheets, returned her to her bed, and then got back to sleep around 4 am. Again, boo!

Wednesday was the last day I had to teach this particular class. They were challenging again, but I just continued to teach even though they were not listening. I am sure if anyone would have been watching they would have thought I was a nut. I was just so glad when the 3 periods were over. 

Wednesday evening's rugby training was really good. I wore a knee brace that Stuart had and my knee felt great. Well, not great, but better. I'm not sure why I hadn't worn it before that night. 

When I got to work on Thursday morning Ronel, the other Head of Faculty, told me about her electricity being shut off the previous day. She said that when she went to housing to sort it out she met a women who was frustrated with living in our same complex because of some of the same issues; kids loud until all hours of the night, apartment issues not being resolved, ect. The lady wanted to move into the Village, which is where we wanted to move. Mr. Ibrahim told her that since there were so many new families moving into Al Ain in the next few weeks he would not be able to house any current families in the Village. I was totally bummed. 

I had to leave work early on Thursday to go get my MRI for my knee ordered by the doctor. It turned out to be a wasted trip because they could have just ordered it without me having to go to the doctor. Now I'm just waiting for the call to tell me when it is. 

I actually left work earlier than I had intended because, not an hour after my conversation with Ronel, Stuart called me  to tell me he was in his car on the way to housing because Mr. Ibrahim had called him and told him to pick up keys to a villa in the Village!  Yahoo! We are so excited to move!  The kids are going to have so many friends to play with and outdoor space to ride their bikes. 

However, our weekend was already planned and packed with adventure, so the actual move would not be until Tuesday of next week. Stuart had a lot to do on Thursday to get the housing contract in order to get the electricity turned on. Because Thursday afternoons are the end of the work week, if you don't make contact with the correct people by 2 pm, they will be gone and you won't get anything done until Sunday. But Stuart, being the efficient person that he is, completed everything necessary by 2:30 pm. 

Thursday night we went to a birthday party at the climbing wall by the rugby club. Millie was too small, but Jack was a climbing fool. 
That is him at the top. 

The Telfords and their rugby schedule on Friday was, without a doubt, a crazy one. Jack had a tournament in Dubai, mine was in Abu Dhabi and Stuart had a match in Abu Dhabi in the evening. We were able to work it out but not without the help of Rochelle and Andrew Rouvi. Because their kids played in the tournament in Dubai, Andrew is a coach for the Under 6s team and the coach of Stuart's team, he had to go to Abu Dhabi as well. So he and Stuart drove to Abu Dhabi from Dubai, while Ro stayed with the kids at a hotel in Dubai. After Stuart's match I rode with them back to Dubai to spend the night. 

Prior to the drive back, I had 4 matches in Abu Dhabi. I only played the first half of each match, but I had so much fun. I am part of the B team, which it comprised of relatively new people to rugby. So we are all still learning and getting better together. 

We ended up winning 3rd place, but probably could have gotten 2nd place had we not goofed up our 3rd game. The team was much bigger than we were, but we had some faster players. We just didn't work the ball out to them as much as we should have. In spite of that loss we all still had a great time. 
The gold, black and hot pink jersey with the '3' you can see is me. That nber 4 rang my bell when I ran into her. Yikes!
This was the scene prior to number 4 clocking me. 
Um, yes, I did catch it and I did gain some ground. I love this picture so much!
Gina came to watch me play. I was so touched and she told me she was very proud of me. I love that we live so close to each other. 

Saturday morning we got up, had breakfast with the Rouvis, and headed to the Dubai Mall to see a dinosaur exhibit. It was just one dinosaur, but it was a dinosaur which had been found in its entirety. We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, bought some Garretts Popcorn and headed home to pack up some things and start our move. We are going to pay someone to move our big things, but in the meantime we are going to move the little stuff we can put in the car. We are very excited about finally being in a villa. Although we will be busy and tired at the end of this week, it will be worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment