Sunday, May 21, 2017

A busy week for sure!

Jack woke up Sunday morning at 2 am and threw up on his floor. He was very conscientious and just hit the tile. Look kid was a wreck. Needless to say I stayed home with him on Sunday. Happy Mother's Day to me. The upside is that Stuart took Millie to Dubai for me for gymnastics. Yahoo! What a treat that was. 


Jack and I sat around and watched movies all day. It was actually nice. We did nip out to get the car re-registered and to take him to the doctor. 


Millie fell asleep in the car on the way to gymnastics so when she got home she was wired for sound and Jack was feeling better. Needless to say, getting them to bed was quite the challenge. 


Monday morning everyone was up and ready to roll out the door on time, which doesn't often happen. I'm usually barking at one of the kids to brush their teeth or get their shoes on. It was a better way to start the day. 


At school, the teacher I have been covering for has returned. Thank goodness. So teaching was not my assignment for the week. However, crowd control became my assignment. What a joy! The students, especially on our boys' side of the school, have checked out. Ramadan begins around May 26th, so we only have two more weeks with the students any way. 


After school we went to the pool. I decided to swim because my knee needed the exercise. However, it was especially painful on Monday and swimming didn't really help a great deal. But the kids got out of the house and we all cooled off for a bit. 


Once we were home we all had showers, fish fingers, sausage rolls and tater tots. Millie went to bed with little trouble and Jack watched television while Mandy and I had a catch up session. She informed me that she had started a series of rabbi shots because she was bit by a cat at her school. 


Tuesday, school was non-eventful, except for the usual boys running around the school. Cathy and I carpooled and then she went to Abu Dhabi with me to get jewelry for my two teachers at my school who are leaving. We ended up going to Al Dalma Mall and shopping a bit, mainly for stuff for Stuart's rugby tour. He called as I was heading to Abu Dhabi and said the Land Rover was over heating again. I wasn't exactly sure what he wanted me to do about it, but I think he just was irritated and I was the sounding board. He ended up driving the car to the mechanic, for the third time this month, and getting a cab home. I got home after a lovely Italian meal at Buca di Beppo, bringing some left overs for Stuart and the kids. I unpacked the car and headed for a shower. 


Wednesday at school I worked on some of my data charts for the end of the year data. It seems when Ramadan starts all the teachers are finished with their work, and that's when my work begins. I usually have the busiest time during the first week of Ramadan and then I can relax a bit. 


Wednesday an email came with the final draft of my children's book. I was so excited. Here is the cover. I can't wait until it is printed and ready to sell. 

Wednesday after school Stuart picked Jack up from school and his friend Eleanor came home with him. We went to Bawadi Mall. Stuart shopped for more trinkets for the rugby tour while I took the kids to Fun City. We then went to the club for dinner. Eleanor's mother came to pick her up from the club so it was then time for us to go home as well. I had a difficult time getting Jack to leave the club. It seems sometimes we can have a full day of fun and it is not enough. He always wants more. I suppose that's his age causing that right now. 

When they did finally get home, they showered and went straight to bed. Millie had scuffed her elbow at school on Tuesday and then reopened the wound at the club. As you would guess, her bath was filled with a few tears. 


Thursday morning I took the kids to school. Jack was getting his Silver award for earning 50 house points. He really does go to Harry Potter's school. He was thrilled I was there, and so proud of his accomplishments. He has had an excellent school year. 


Jack and his buddy, Harry, doing a school project. 

Going to his school made me late to my school. My principal is always very understanding about things that have to do with the kids. Once I was at school it was business as usual. I helped fill out a survey about English and Math, copied lesson plans for teachers, shot the bull with staff during their breaks, and finished up some more data charts. 


After school I headed for the weekly shop. Then I went to collect Jack from his math club. He claimed he had a headache. I think he just didn't want to do his homework. I decided to get home and shower the kids. We then went to collect the Land Rover around 5 pm. The kids had a nutritious meal of peanut butter and jam sandwiches, grapes, and crackers. 


We got home and Stuart cleaned up the back porch for our party to be held on the Friday. He also went around to Sean's to get the table and chairs he had said we could have. The sun killed the seats of two of our chairs so it was time for some new chairs at least. 


Sean came over later for a beverage as did Cathy and Mandy. We ended up ordering curry and just hanging out in the back garden, and I use the term 'garden' very loosely. 

Friday morning snuggle buddies. 

Friday morning Stuart was up cooking for our brunch at our house. We had planned to do a brunch at one of the hotels, as they stop during Ramadan, but we didn't book a table in time so we decided to move the party to our house. People started showing up around 1 pm and the food fest commenced for nearly 12 hours. The kids played in and out of the house, but didn't wreck the house as much as I had anticipated. They tidied up fairly well, and of course I climbed the stairs a time or two to do my own clean up. We laughed and played silly music games until Stuart got nervous our neighbors were going to get upset. We were quite loud, that was for sure. But I'm happy to report that our neighbors did not mention one thing about our overly noisy party. 


Saturday I got up and cleaned up the carnage from the brunch. The floors were sticky, there was still some crap in the garden that needed to be tossed and of course the trash bins were stuffed. Stuart and I had done come cleaning the night before, as I always like to do.  


We Skyped Grammie and Pop as soon as the kids were up, and then we headed to the pool for Henry and May's birthday party. We were there a couple of hours, had some lunch, and then headed back home. Jack was none too happy, but both kids were tired from the previous night's party, and a little down time would do them good. 



We took Molly to her first vet's appointment at 3 pm. She got a shot and had a delayed reaction to it. You would have thought she got shot with a gun, she carried on so. Once we were home from the vet, the kids helped me bathe Molly and then the two of them got in the bath. Jack had rubbed a rash on his stomach and begged me to bathe him. We told him that was why we bought rash guards for the pool because we didn't want him to be climbing on foam body boards and rub a rash on his chest. Maybe learning the hard way will cause him to wear his rash guard next time. 


Once the kids were clean, I showered as well. I then made their dinner while Stuart headed to see the bariatric doctor who did my surgery a year and a half ago. Yes, Stuart has decided this surgery is a good idea for him. He will have the surgery on June 2, and be able to be fully recovered by the time the rugby season starts in September. I think he is anxious to get it over with and get on with the results. 


When Stuart got back from the doctor, after having blood work and scheduling his other tests, I was putting Millie to bed. Jack was still on the sofa, but a tired boy for sure. Stuart started cooking dinner, which was a delightful pork green Thai curry, and shortly after we ate Jack went to bed. Everyone was spent. We are ready for a holiday for sure. It's hot and time for a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment