Sunday, September 24, 2017

Another hectic week at work!

We had a new schedule at school. Everyone complained about the lunch schedule, so naturally I tried to fix it and no one followed it. Ha! Sometimes everyone is in their own agenda. 


Sunday was a difficult day, but it was over quickly. Gymnastic for Millie was still canceled so we decided to let her start rugby training just in case the gymnastics thing doesn't pan out for this term. 


When we got home from rugby, the kids were bathed and fed, I fell asleep on the sofa and stayed there until almost midnight. I always forget how rough the first month of school is, no matter what country you live in. 


Monday morning I took the kids to school and then headed to a friend's school to collect some much needed resources. She gave me a lot of math kits and reading books. The boxes had been in her school so long that termites had gotten to the boxes. It was gross, but beggars can't be choosers. 


School was still crazy. Systems are still not in place and schedules are still not finalized, but the show must go on. I just feel we are somewhat spinning our wheels. The left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing. I'm sure it will work itself out, but right now it is crazy. 


At the end of the day I came home and chilled out. I did nothing all evening. The kids played upstairs and then went to the Karnik's. I erred dinner to them and put them in bed. I made an egg casserole for dinner for the three adults. It was delightful if I do say so myself. 


Tuesday I took kids to school. Once I was at my school you could have cut the tension with a knife. It seems not all the leaders of my school are on the same page. I'm usually one to be confrontational, but when I'm not the one in charge, I usually want to hide during tense moments. This made my principal laugh a bit. 


Once I was home, I decided I couldn't live with all the hair our animals were producing. We vacuumed up tons of dog hair. The house was a wreck. We were off to the club because the gymnastics classes were canceled again. Mille didn't seem terribly fussed so we talked about maybe letting her just play rugby this year. 


After the kids trained, I collected more materials from another Head of Faculty. I am receiving a lot of things, but I am still missing textbooks. 


We got home and while the kids took their showers, Stuart made dinner. Dinner was eaten and off to bed everyone went, even me. 


Wednesday was another day of work. I left school just after 11 to get to Abu Dhabi to seek out new materials for our teachers. There is a huge warehouse where all the extra materials from years past. I wrote down every little thing I wanted. I'm hoping next week when they deliver, we get all the supplies any one would ever want. 


I got home around 4:30. The kids were playing. I ventured to a neighbor's to give some stuff to her to give to teachers at my old school. We had a little chat and both wallowed in our misery a bit. As I was walking home I noticed the kids had escaped the house for another half hour of fun at the Karnik house. 


Millie came home without Jack. She seemed to know it was 5:30 pm, the time Stuart had told Jack to be home. Stuart left for rugby before either kid got home. Jack finally came home, a half hour late, and apologized all over himself. The kids then took showers and had a bite to eat. 


Millie had a meltdown just as she was going to bed. These first two weeks of school have been tough on her. Thank goodness Thursday was a holiday, Islamic New Year. 


Thursday we got up and went to Abu Dhabi for the day. We first went to Ikea and bought a few things we needed. We also stopped in at Ace Hardware, one of our other favorite stores. We bought a new trash can and some other items. We had a challenge getting everything into Sean's car. He drives a VW Golf GTI. He had left for Australia on Wednesday morning and said Stuart could use his car while the truck's transmission was being sorted out. 


We got home just before 5 pm, having made a stop at Yas Mall and having lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  Stuart cooked chili for us, Cathy, Mandy and Claire. We had a slight birthday celebration for Jack's birthday. Cathy made gluten free cupcakes for the occasion.  


We got up Friday morning and spoke to Grammie and Pop. Our Internet is awful right now so they couldn't see us, we could only see them. 


After our conversation with G and P, we let Jack open his gifts from Grandma, Grandpa, Granny and Auntie Cheryl. Then he opened his presents from us. The beloved PlayStation 4 had finally arrived. 


We then went to the mall so he could buy a new game for his PS4. We had his birthday lunch, bought treats for his and Millie's birthday party the following morning. We then spent the afternoon at home. Jack was able to play with his new Play Station after the games had loaded. He let Millie play as well. At 4:30 pm, we went to the rugby club for the match of the community team that was to start at 5. 


Stuart played the entire match and looked wonderful. He admitted he was sore afterwards and his strength wasn't what he wanted it to be, but he would be fine in time. They actually won the match, but had to forfeit the points because they had fielded too many players for the match. Oops!



We got home just after 7 pm. Cathy came with us. She stayed for a bit. Stuart followed shortly behind. He had to stay for the match speeches, but now that he doesn't down beers any more, staying much longer than the speeches, for him, is kind of boring. 


Cathy and I had ordered mixed grills from the 101 Cafeteria, one of our favorite food places. Stuart had told me he would eat his left overs from the previous day at the Cheesecake Factory. I forgot, of course, so we ended up with more food than we needed. 


Saturday morning the kids were up and raring to go. We had decided to have a dual birthday party for Jack and Millie. We had a swim party at the rugby club. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved every moment. Oh wait, until she didn't enjoy her party because she couldn't understand why she couldn't open her presents whenever she wanted to. She finally settled down, we had our pizza lunch, we cut the cake and she got to open her presents. 





The party was over around 1 pm. We came home, showered, and headed to Bawadi Mall so Stuart could get some new shorts at American Eagle. We also needed to get some groceries. It was a quick trip out. 


When we got home from the mall it was nearly 5 pm. The rest of the evening was spent just sitting around. Our three day weekend was over. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment