Sunday, January 28, 2018

A week of sport for all

I got up and walked by myself on Sunday. Lara had a cold, and by the time she messaged me I was already up and ready for walking. 


Sunday school was school. We had an awards ceremony that was to start at 9, but didn’t end up starting until 9:25. That really makes it difficult for teachers who are on such a time crunch when teaching all of the learning objectives before the end of the term. I left school early, as will be the case each Sunday for the rest of the term. We started getting the next term’s continuous assessments ready for teachers. It’s definitely something I look forward to each week. 


After school I was going to the driving range to hit some golf balls, but decided to go to the club instead. It was really windy so I wimped out of fighting that. We got home from rugby training and I went to bed before 9 pm. 


Monday morning I walked with Lara. She wasn’t completely well, but was feeling a bit better. She was congested but forged ahead. 


At school I organized the mess that had been in our supply room for nearly three months. I didn’t finish, but decided I could complete it on Tuesday. We had common planning amongst the staff and were allowed to go home early. 


When I left school, I went to collect Jack. Mandy came by for a cup of tea. We had a good chat. Stuart went to meet with the chairman of the club, but decided not to stay for training, which really messes up my trash show night. He made bubble and squeak and then another day closed. 


Tuesday I finished cleaning the storage room at school. It doesn’t look perfect, but I can live with it. I picked the kids up. Jack wouldn’t leave Judo and it went over the time. This made Millie and I late to her first dance class. At any rate, she loved the dance class and was thrilled to not be playing rugby any more. 





I went to pick Cathy up and then dropped Millie off at the club. Cathy and I then headed to our golf lesson. I have to say, I am loving what I’m learning about my golf swing. We are having a wonderful time. 


Once I was home I discovered that Millie had fallen asleep at the rugby club and was in bed when I got home. Therefore, she went to bed dirty, which of course drives me crazy. 



Wednesday I got up and started fixing the kids’ lunches. Lara messaged me and said she wasn’t going to walk. So I went anyway and decided to run the first mile of my two mile walk. It was great. I have to get back in the habit of real exercise. 


We did a lot of walk throughs at school, but I left school early because I just needed some time and since we are allowed 6 hours of private time each month, I decided to take three hours of mine. I got home and took a nap. It was glorious. 


The kids got home and neither of them felt well. Both were stuffy and feverish. They stayed around the house after they did their homework. They showered early and ate. Oh dear!


Stuart went to training and I relaxed with my reality shows in front of the television. The kids went to bed early with no fuss at all. They really didn’t feel well. 


Stuart and I had training on Thursday. I went to school first and then met him at the training. It wasn’t anything they couldn’t have emailed, but it was nice to be home by just after noon, with lunch and a stop at the super market. 


I picked the kids up after school. I spoke to Millie’s teacher about not letting Millie go to the nurse. It seems that she is a frequent flyer at the nurse’s office. I was always irritated by those kids. 


Cathy had her school inspection all week. She was ready for some rest for sure. She came over for dinner and some conversation. 


Friday morning Jack had a rugby tournament. He insisted on riding the bus. Stuart ended up riding the bus with him, while Millie and I drove up in my car. Their results were very good, but they played really hard. Jack ended up riding the bus back, while Stuart, Millie and I stopped at the outlet mall to shop at Tommy Bahama. We got some bargains, ate some lunch, then headed back to the club to pick up Jack. We ended up staying until around 9 pm. The hurling club had their annual tournament so we stayed to hang out with the Irish. They are a lively bunch for sure. 


Saturday was a lazy day for sure. Millie went to a birthday party, while I went to DeDe’s for a Favorites Party. When I got home at 6 pm, both kids were showered, had eaten and were ready for bed. The workers were in our house replacing Sean’s air conditioner. He was a happy chappy. We had only been calling about the broken air conditioner for 8 weeks. Better late than never. The rest of the evening was chilled and relaxed. Another week in the books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment