Sunday, October 21, 2018

The first half of Term 1 is completed!

Sunday I woke up at 2:30 am and had a difficult time going back to sleep. I could do nothing but think of my observation. I’m not sure why, when I’ve had observations as many times as I have and have also observed people for years, I would be so uptight about the whole thing. I think I just want to do it the Brighton waySo desperately. Since I was awake anyway, I got up at my normal ‘walking’ time and made the kids lunches. Lara decided not to walk, but I walked anyway. Taking two dogs on a walk is way more challenging when you are on your own. 


School was busy but good. I stayed after school until almost 5 pm so that I would be well prepared. By the end of Sunday, I felt much better about my observation coming up. Once I was finished at school, I went to the mall to get some things for Millie for her Christmas presents. Sadly, if something is available now, it might be gone later. So I decided to go ahead and get her what she wanted. 


I got home and Millie was on her way to bed. Jack went shortly after she did. I was ready for half term break for sure. Stuart had made a crock pot meal which was delightful. I was asleep on the sofa around 10 pm, but sadly I didn’t get up to go to bed until around midnight. I decided I would get up Monday morning and shower, which is not normally my routine. 


By the time I was showered and downstairs Monday morning, Stuart was ready to go to work. The kids did their normal thing, irritate me until we were finally out the door. I was almost out of gas, but decided it would have to wait until after school. Monday, as by now you surely know, is my favorite day of the week, as I have a ton of free time to work. 


Millie had said to me that morning that her head was itching. Then of course, my head started to itch as well. So I popped into the school nurse to get checked out. I was clear, but later in the day Millie went to see the nurse because her throat hurt. The nurse decided to check her head. And guess what? Yep! Head lice! It turns out that her two besties in her class had it as well. So after school we went home to treat it and wash a million loads of laundry. 

I got up Tuesday morning ready for my observation. I was so glad I had prepared on Sunday after school because Monday after school was all about getting rid of the pesky bugs in hair. I treated Jack and myself, just as a precaution. When we got to school, I had Millie’s hair checked. She still had eggs so it was decided she should go back home. It’s not mandatory for the kids to stay home a certain amount of time. So since I knew neither Stuart nor myself could stay home with her on Tuesday, I dragged her to school with me. 


Getting her somewhere was a bit difficult. I ended up taking her to my teammate Joan’s house to be with her nit infested daughter as well. Her nanny combed through and treated Millie’s head again. Ick! 


I had to leave school the hour before my observation. I got back to the school 20 minutes before it was time for me to be observed. What a way to start the day of my formal observation. I’m happy to report that I’m way harder on myself than anyone else could ever be. My verbal feedback was very positive. The two things I needed to work on were specific to Brighton College so I didn’t feel too badly about that, since there is one program for which I’ve never even had training. Done and dusted, thank goodness. 


After school I picked up Millie and we headed to dance. After I dropped her off I went to the store where they sell libations. On the way back to the dance studio I stopped to get something to drink at a petrol station. I was pleased to find a KFC so I bought Millie some popcorn chicken, which she ate between dance classes. When dance was over we headed to the club to watch Jack play touch rugby. We got home around 7:30 and the kids showered. Millie headed to bed, while Jack had dinner and then headed to bed himself. 


I planned to get up a bit early on Wednesday as it was our theme day at school. I had to get my clown costume on. Our focus this first half of the term has been Under the Big Top. All of the kids were to dress as something from the circus. They were all so cute. We had a two hour block where we did circus stuff. My activity was coloring circus masks. One of my teammates taught kids to walk on a tight rope, one did juggling and the other did magic tricks. It was a great day. 


I left school at 3:15 pm. It had been quite a day. We ordered take out and Cathy came over to eat with us. Jack was to go to bed at 8, but had a fit and wasn’t asleep until 9. I’m not sure what totally set him off, but I ended up taking his PS4 away. He is starting to grow up, but I can tell he doesn’t always want to grow up. It doesn’t help that he’s a mama’s boy. I realize I have created some of this behavior. 


Thursday was the last day before our half term break. It seemed to be an unbelievably long day, believe it or not.  But I was thrilled I had made it to our first break. As soon as we were able to leave on Thursday, we did. I loaded up everything I would need to plan for the following Wednesday and Thursday. We were only getting Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off, but that’s better than nothing. 


Thursday evening the ‘crew’ came over for take out. We sat outside in our newly created patio and fired up the shisha pipe. Ian was supposed to spend the night, but when his folks left, Jack and Millie were asleep, so I think he found it a bit weird to think of having a sleepover with Stuart and myself. Poor kid! Everyone went home around 11 pm. It was another fun Thursday evening and seems to be becoming a habit. 


Friday we were at the club for an inter squad scrimmage. After the match, the kids swam and then Jack went home with Adam while Stuart, Millie and I went to the grocery store. Once we were home I popped over to Lara’s for a couple of hours. There were a few of our neighbors there so it was a bit of a girl gathering. 


Stuart made dinner, a chicken dish, which was delightful. We sat around and watched the Walking Dead which is not my favorite show. Lara and Brian had people over Friday evening and wanted us to come. I was finally conned into going for about an hour. 


I got up Saturday morning and headed to get candy for the Halloween bash for the 25th at the club. I lazed around for the better part of the day. Kayleigh flew into Dubai Saturday morning, and she, Cathy and Claire came for a roast dinner. They got to our house around 2 pm. Sean and Carleigh came over as well. This Saturday evening roast thing is beginning to be a habit as well. It was a great night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment