Sunday, October 7, 2018

Tired! Tired! Tired!

Sunday I went to school and was beyond ready for the day. After meeting with my team, I realized I was not as far behind as I had thought. It seems we were all feeling a bit overwhelmed. 


After we were home from school we went to the club for training for the kids. I spoke to the kid who has been harassing Jack. His dad and I met with both boys. We got it sorted out. I’m not sure the boy was being a bully as much as he was trying to somehow fit in. 


We got home from the club and fixed the kids dinner. Stuart and I didn’t eat anything. We even went to bed early. It was a relatively boring day. 


Monday I had my best day, as most of the day is for planning. I had a couple of meetings after school and again, left my laptop at school. That’s a big deal!!!!! 


We had a committee meeting that seemed to last for forever. I just want to throw parties. I don’t really care about everything else. The kids and I were home by 7 pm. They showered and went to bed shortly after that. I did a bit of marking of some books and then relaxed the rest of the evening. Stuart went to training and then was home by almost 9 pm. 


Tuesday was a bit frustrating. I discovered there were still things I was not doing the correct way. I am hoping this feeling will stop soon. I found out my evaluation would be on the 7th of October. Ugh! 


Stuart picked Jack up from school. Millie went home with her buddy and then I met her at dance. We then went to the club for the first week of his rugby touch tournament game. He played really well. He was so excited to be a part of the team. When he got home he showed me his toe. Apparently at school he was playing football (soccer) at playtime and kicked the ground, attempting to kick he ball. It seems he jammed his big toe. It was bruised and he said it hurt really badly. I doubted that a bit as he still went to basketball practice, rugby training, and played in the touch match. However, it did look awful, almost immediately after he did it. 




Wednesday was another day of school and one day closer to the weekend. School was pretty uneventful. Stuart picked the kids up after school, as I had a meeting with one of my new students’ parents. It was a very enlightening meeting. I discovered that this student had really never been in a formal school until this year. She’s very young as well. It’s possible they will consider moving her down to the previous year group. We will have a meeting regarding this very soon I would guess. 


Thursday after school I stayed a bit later than normal. Jack told me he really liked me being at his school, but the thing he didn’t like was how long we stayed at school. So I told him we would start coming home early on Mondays and Wednesdays, and most likely on Thursdays. I hope I can stick to that schedule. 


Millie won the hula hooping contest for Ryle House for the Year 2s. 

Once we were home, Cathy came over around 5 pm. Sean showed up around 6 pm and we ordered curry. We just sat around and chatted for the entire evening. 


Friday we were up early for Jack’s rugby match. I took him to the club at 6:30 am to catch a bus to Dubai. Stuart and Millie followed in the car. I was off to Dubai with DeDe. We went shopping and had a good catch up. We were gone all day. 




Stuart had to come back to Al Ain and left the kids with Cathy. He returned to Dubai for the men’s match. He was upset when he got home because it seems there were people who played in the match, but hadn’t paid to be members of club as of that match. 


Saturday morning, I was getting after the procrastinating kids who had left their homework until the 11th hour. Millie got after her homework almost immediately, but Jack whines and moaned. 


Just after lunch, we took Jack and Millie to Bounce for a couple of hours. Stuart and I did some shopping and simply walked around the mall. After Bounce, we headed to the rugby club because Jack had touch rugby training. But Jack announce that he had a headache and he decided he couldn’t go. When we got home both kids bathed and had a bite to eat. 


The evening was full of a lot of nothing. I like Saturday evenings of that nature. Jack began to feel a bit better, which was a relief. Both children were in bed a bit earlier than usual. It was a busy week and one was gearing up to begin again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment