Sunday, May 19, 2019

Working out is not my favorite.


Seems the punch Jack received the previous Friday resulted in a bit of evidence on his face. Bless him!

Sunday I was up and walking with Lara. We walked our normal 2 miles and I was home in plenty of time to make the kids’ lunches and shower to get ready for school. School flew by, yet again. In the middle of the day I got a call from the golf club. I had won a Mother’s Day gift basket from a raffle I entered. I paid around $6 for the three tickets and won probably $200 worth of spa vouchers and Body Shop products. Score! Naturally, Millie felt she was entitled to some of the spoils. 

I worked out without Hannah, but she sent me my instructions so I knew what to do with my weight regime. Once I was finished at the gym, I went down to the pool where Jack, Millie and Stuart were. It seemed none of our friends came to the pool. I wasn’t going to do my laps, but in the end I figured I was already there so I’d might as well get some more fitness in. So I swam for 30 minutes. 

When we got home Stuart made me a Mother’s Day dinner of lamb. Millie actually ate hers without throwing a fit! It was delicious. 

Once the kids were in bed, Stuart and I started watching Jailbirds on Netflix. Those women are rough. We love shows like that as it always makes our lives look like a piece of cake.  

I got up Monday not feeling so hot. I was just a bit flu-like all day. At school we had to fill out our intent form. So as crazy as it may sound, I indicated I wasnted to move to Year 1 (Kindergarten) to be the year group leader. I want to make sure if any other leadership positions opened up, I would want them to know I had expressed my interest and willingness to be a year group leader. And, since I know what the children need to be prepared for Year 2, why not share my knowledge as the Year 1 team leader? 

I decided not to go to the pool or to work out. I went home and chilled while Stuart went to a meeting regarding the new kit for the rugby team’s next year. I went to bed at 8:30 because I was frustrated that the kids wouldn’t go to sleep. I ended up waking up at 2:30 am, thinking I’d had a full night’s sleep, which for me, I had. Needless to say, I tossed and turned the rest of the sleeping time. My alarm went off at 5:30 am, so I got up and walked with Lara. 

I felt better on Tuesday, so after school I went to pool and swam. I then worked out at the gym. I came home and bathed the dogs. I think bathing the dogs was the best workout. I was sweating like a horse after that experience. I showered myself after all of that, and relaxed a bit.  Cathy came over for dinner. She was a bit anxious for her doctor’s appointment on Wednesday as she was fearful her collapsed lung had returned. I went to bed early again. This working out thing can wear a girl out 

Wednesday I woke up without an alarm. I love that feeling. My teacher assistant wasn’t at school on Wednesday so it made for a very long day, even though we were on shorter hours. 

We decided not to go to the pool, but instead came home. On the way home I got a call from Cathy. She was crying. It seemed her breathing issue was back. They decided they would have to do surgery to cotterize the polyps that were bursting and creating the extra air in her chest. She was scared, but I assured her it would be okay. 

Jack and I worked on one of his homework projects. It was the first time I have ever sat down and enjoyed working with him on a school assignment. He took my suggestions and it was a lot of fun. It did involve chocolate, so that didn’t hurt matters. 

Hehad to prove that he could melt chocolate and then reshape it. 

He and Millie enjoyed the reshaping. 

Cathy came over for dinner. Carly came over as well. Sean has been in Australia and our cleaning lady has been staying with Carly. I saw Carly at Abela and she said she was bored, so I invited her to dinner. She jumped at the chance and stayed until about 9 pm. 

I think Cathy was in a better mood when she left, so that was nice. She does have strange medical things happen to her. 

Thursday my teaching assistant wasn’t in school again. It’s crazy how reliant I am on her presence in the class. The day flew by, which made things easier. We went to the pool after school and picked Carly up on our way. I felt bad we had not really invited her to do more while Sean was gone. 

After we swam for a bit, I took Jack to Adam’s for a sleepover. When I returned to the club I met up with two of my teammates for dinner, Joan and Peter. When we had finished eating, we came home and Carly and Millie watched Mary Poppins Returns. Millie fell asleep on the sofa around 8 pm and Carly decided to go home around 9 pm. She just lives across the street so she walked home. Stuart has gone to bed just before Millie fell asleep because he had to get up early to collect Sean from the airport. 

I woke up around 5:30 am Friday morning. It was way too early. I folded a load of laundry and then went downstairs. I decided to make blueberry muffins. I continued shuffling laundry and then fed the dogs. Millie woke up at 6:30 am, which is also too early for her. When Stuart returned from the airport, we went to visit Cathy. She had been admitted to the hospital even though she was not due to have the surgery until Sunday. After our visit, we picked Jack up from his sleepover. 

Once we were back home we all showered and got ready to go to brunch. We went with the Weirs and the Farahs. They have children about the same age as ours and the same gender. The kids sat at one table and we sat at the other. The kids all had their iPads and would pop outside from time to time to play. I’m sure we could have won Parents of the Year at that brunch, as we clearly ignored the children the entire time. 

Dressed up for the brunch. 

After brunch Sean came over. I heard some rustling out in our carport. When I went outside there was a sofa being delivered. We had purchased a sofa for the loft for about $35 from our friends, Jenny and Alex, who delivered it to us around 6:30 pm. I returned with them back to their house for a bit of a girls’ night. 

Saturday morning we got up and went back to the Rotana to pick up my car. We had cabbed it home Friday as both of us had a cocktail. Stuart had meeting at the club. I sat around the house doing what I love to do on a Saturday, NOTHING!!!! The kids went to play at Ian’s and I decided to make Hasselbavk Chicken. What? It was gorgeous. 

Stuart had another meeting at the club on Saturday evening. While he was gone, I invited Lara over for a chat. I do love living so close to our friends. Now, I’m just hoping she and her family don’t have to move. Their new contracts haven’t come out so they are not sure what their allowance will be for their accommodations. 

Another weekend in the books. We are halfway through Ramadan and all is well. Also, for anyone concerned, the travel advisory from the states to the UAE is only a Level 1. We are safe and fine, no matter what the news says. A travel advisory from the US to the UK was sent out at the end of April as a Level 2 due to terrorism. So looks like it’s safer to be in the UAE. So come for a visit. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment