Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sick and sicker!

As I suspected, I was awakened at around 3 am to a very feverish daughter. I gave her Tylenol and prayed she would recover for school. Once she was awake I topped her up with drugs and sent her to school. Mother of the year for sure. 

At school we had several new members of staff on Sunday. The most important once were the leadership. There were three of them and they were all local women. Thank goodness! 

We met with the new leadership for a few hours and then I got some work done that actually had something to do with my responsibilities, rather than just counting chairs and tables. About the time I was getting on a roll with my jobs, I got a call from Millie's school saying she had a high fever and I needed to come and get her. called and I went to pick Millie up. 

Little miss sucky!

Once I was home with her, I gave her a bath and she put her jammies on. She was not well at all. I knew I would have to stay home with her on Monday at least. Once Stuart was home, he took me to pick up my car from the dealership. Apparently the breaks had been rusted so they just buffed them and it was fixed. Not sure how I feel about this, but until they cause a problem again I suppose I will have to believe them. On the way to pick up the car Millie fell asleep.

Cathy had picked Claire and Jack up from school, so on my way back from the dealership I picked Jack up from Cathy's. I stayed for a cup of coffee with Cathy and Mandy and it was decided we would have dinner at our house on Monday evening. 

When I got home, Millie was asleep on the sofa. Stuart took Jack to rugby and I stayed home with Millie who slept until almost 6 pm. In the meantime, the maintenance man came and fixed 3 of our air conditioning units, which I'm sure won't last. They try to 'fix' when really they should replace the units. We shall see how long these fixes will last. 

I made salmon, mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner. When Jack and Stuart returned from rugby, Jack too a shower as I prepared his plate. I pushed it back as far as I could on the kitchen counter, but don't you know Molly snagged the broccoli and the salmon off of Jack's  plate. Crazy dog!

Millie had a fever through the night. I stayed home with her on Monday. We both slept a lot. I started feeling a bit ill as the day progressed. We decided to go to the doctor just after noon. It was a longer process than I wanted, but I got a sick note for two days, which was good because this virus Millie had was not leaving anytime soon. 

Jack came home from school and said the basketball coach at school asked him to be on the team. He's in year 4 and the team is only for year 5 and year 6 students, so it was a big deal for Jack to be asked to join the team. He was very excited and told us their first game would be in a week. He'd better get out and start dribbling that ball. 

Mandy, Cathy, and Claire came over for curry. Millie fell asleep on the sofa at 5 pm so I put her to bed before they even arrived. Bless her little heart. We had a lovely evening of catching up. Stuart came home from training and ate some curry as well. It was a nice evening. 

There was no school on Tuesday for Millie or myself. We both relaxed and watched television. Millie was feeling better but she was still running a fever. She fell asleep just before it was time to go get Jack from school. Stuart had headed to Dubai to collect the kids' new passports as well as Monkey, which Jack had left at the hotel this past weekend. Apparently the traffic was horrendous. So he would not be back in time to collect Jack. So in her jammies she was thrown into the car and off to the school we went. 

Jack and Stuart went to rugby while Millie and I showered and chilled out on the sofa. She was out again just before 6 pm. Jack and Stuart were back before 7 pm. Jack showered, ate and went to bed. Stuart and I followed shortly after him. At 1 am Stuart got a phone call that Sean couldn't get in the house. He had arrived home from Australia. If we leave the keys in the door, you can't enter with another key from the outside. So Stuart got up to let him in. 

I got up to walk for the first time in the week. The kids were excited to see Sean Wednesday morning. He brought gifts so that made him extremely popular. Millie and I went to school on Wednesday but both of us were still a bit poorly. Things are better at school, but I still feel I'm ignoring the English teachers. Hopefully that will change soon. 

We had a meeting after school and things  felt better. It seemed we decided on some issues that had been ignored. I knew at that moment that things would get better. I was also able to meet with the English teachers and give them some information that was long overdue. That meeting was productive and helped me to feel as if I was making a move in the right direction. 

When I got home, Jack was doing his homework. I had picked Millie up from dance and decided that KFC was the dinner of choice for both kids. Jack had ordered two games from a company like Amazon, and they had arrived while we were at work. I told him if he read two more books on his reading record I would give him a surprise. He was thrilled and spent the next little while on his PS4. 

After the kids showered, they played Jack's new games for a bit longer. They had fun and I got to watch my new obsession, The Good Wife. Oh yeah! Stuart got home just after 8:30 and I was already napping. 

Thursday school went by fast. We had a 2 hour senior leadership meeting. That has to stop soon. I can't get any work done. It's driving me a bit nuts. But at the end of the day I felt a little more accomplished than I had the day before. It is truly getting better and we are all settling in. 

I picked up Millie and her friend, Zaina, from school. We got back to our house and they played for almost two hours. We then went to the mall to a place called Cheeky Monkeys. It's a soft play area, and since Millie is still the size of a toddler, she loves it! Jack, on the other hand, would not be able to come in. He's young enough, but he's too big. So it was best that he had gone home with his friend, Adam, for a play date of his own. They went to the Hilton to swim and then had dinner. 
Our little Cheeky Monkeys!

We got McDonalds for dinner and then Millie and I dropped Zaina off at her house which was close to the mall. By the time we got home it was almost 8 pm. Stuart had picked Jack up from Adam's and they were home when we got there. 

Friday was an early start in Dubai. Jack had a rugby match. Sadly, they didn't have enough players and had to forfeit to the other team. It seems he is going to have to go back to the Under 9s team and the other kids will have to play up a year with the Under 11s. They just don't have enough players to field a team for the Under 10s. As sad as this makes Jack, he will be back with his original gang that he used to hang out with as a 6 year old. So he's excited for that. 

The middle one is my big boy!
Number 9 is the best player on the team, according to his mother.

We got back to the house around 11 am and I volunteered to do the grocery run. The kids stayed home with Stuart and Sean and I went and stocked up on the monthly stuff like toilet paper, paper towels, pet food, you know the stuff that costs money but you hate to buy. When I got home I unloaded the groceries and had a bit of a rest. 

We left for the club around 3 pm for Breast Cancer Awareness night. The first 100 women received a pink cocktail. It wasn't as well attended as was expected, but we still made the most of it. Stuart played the entire match. I know he's pleased with his abilities this year. 
My pink drink!  It wasn't all that pink.


Pink socks for Breast Cancer Awareness!

Millie's new love!

Stuart is in the gold looking straight at the camera  He looks awesome!

Cutest ball boy ever!

Millie and I went for manis and pedis on Saturday morning, while Jack stayed home with Sean, and Stuart went to get a battery for the Land Rover. He needed to get it running so he could place it on Facebook to get it sold. 

Sean went to work later in the afternoon and I got all the beds washed and remade. Clare and Scott came over in the late afternoon. The kids washed the Land Rover while the adults, (well just Scott and myself because Stuart ended up having to finish off washing the Land Rover), had conversations in the living room. 

We had dinner and the kids enjoyed some silly times. They left around 7:30 pm, our kids showered and we hit the bed. It had been a long week, but a very short weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment