Saturday, October 28, 2017

Why do the kids have a half term break and we don’t?

Sunday I was off to school, but the kids didn’t have school so I took them to Brian and Lara’s house for the day. After school I  to shop for the supplies for the Halloween party at the club. 


Once I was finished I met Stuart and the kids at the club. Apparently our new television was going to be delivered in the time we would be at the club for training. So, I went home to wait for the delivery. I ended up working on some of the games for the Halloween party, so it was good that I went home. The tv arrived and it seemed huge compared to the old one. 


Once the kids were home, showered, fed and in bed, we ate the dinner I had made. I just threw some soup, a couple of chicken breasts, and a cup of brown rice inta the crock pot, and it was delightful. 


Monday we had a meeting at school with the cluster manager. I hustled around to get things done so I could spend the next two days with the kids. I didn’t leave school until almost 3. I rushed home to get the kids to the dentist, and then went to the club to speak with the club house manager about the Halloween party. 


The kids played at the club and we decided to eat dinner there. My principal, Tiffany showed up and brought her son to play rugby. We chatted for a bit and then we headed home. 


On Tuesday Stuart and I took the kids to the zoo. The zoo has been renovated so we wandered around the new part of the zoo. We had fun, but it was hot. When we left the zoo we went to the mall to get the rest of the items for the Halloween bash at the club on Thursday. We had lunch and did a bit of shopping. Millie bought some new shoes because her flip flops were rubbing blistered between her toes. We spent the rest of the afternoon at home. 









We went  to the club for training. After training Ben came home with us for a sleepover. The boys put themselves to bed around 10:30 pm. It seems that training was exhausting and the PS4 wasn’t entertaining enough to keep them awake. 


Of course they were up early and we headed to Abu Dhabi around 9 am to take the kids to Adventure HQ, an indoor skate park and climbing structure. We spent most of the day in Abu Dhabi. Stuart and I shopped while the kids played. I bought a long jacket for my Austria trip. We ate lunch at Bucca de Beppo, which was delicious. On the way home the kids napped. They clearly played hard at Adventure HQ. 











Ben’s dad picked him up from our house around 4 pm. The rest of the evening the kids and I chilled. Stuart and Sean went to training and ended up coming home to leftovers. 


 I went to school on Thursday and was busy all day catching up on what I hadn’t done on Tuesday and Wednesday when I was out. I stayed a bit later than I cared to, but my principal had left early to go to Jordan. So someone needed to stay late until we knew all of the children were home. 


When I did finally get home we headed to the club so I could set up the games for the Halloween Bash. It was a great night but I was exhausted when it was over. At the end of the night the chairman of the club came up to me and asked me to consider running for the social secretary. I suppose I will. 




The eyeball race was meant to have two people participating. Ha!



Black Eyed Ps!


The decorations were done by the ladies at the reception desk. They were phenomenal. 


Friday morning I got up early and had some coffee. Stuart came down a bit later and then he went to get food from the store for breakfast. After breakfast the kids and I went to the pool. Jack and Millie each had a friend join us. Stuart traveled to Sharjah for his Rugby match. 


We were at the club until about 3 pm. Then I took Reem and Zeina to their relative’s house. I then needed some tortillas but wasn’t dressed appropriately to go into the grocery store. So I pulled up to the door of the supermarket and sent Jack in with money. He told me he felt so grown up. He went in to get two packages of tortillas and a bottle of ketchup. He was well pleased with himself, as was I. 


We got home and the kids showered. I then showered and Cathy came over. Stuart messaged me around 6 pm to tell me they had lost and were on their way home. They brought pork ribs home with them, which we very much appreciated. The four of us (Stuart, Sean, Cathy and myself) sat, ate, and laughed the night away. The kids went to bed sometime after Stuart and Sean got home. They had watched the Emoji Movie, which thrilled them. 


Saturday morning I was up and to the store to buy something for the Halloween decorating party that would take place at DeDe’s. The kids crafted and the parents chatted. 











Once we left, Jack and I had a ‘date’ to watch the Emoji Movie and eat popcorn, while Millie and Stuart went to the grocery store. They came back with donuts for the kids’ breakfast the following morning. 


We went to Clare and Scott’s for a barbecue around 3 pm. The kids played and then some delicious food was consumed. The kids showered at Clare and Scott’s and then ended up putting their same clothes on. 


Once we were home they hustled upstairs to bed. I showered while they were getting settled into bed. The rest of the evening was spent on the sofa, watching tv, our new HUGE tv. 


We are nearly halfway through the first term. Time flies when you’re having fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment