Sunday, March 17, 2019

When is spring break?

It dawned on me Sunday morning that I am so ready for a decent break. I woke up feeling like absolute crap. My throat was so sore. I carried on as I knew I didn’t have the energy to explain my lessons to anyone to cover for me. I started feeling a bit better throughout the day, but was still scratchy. 

Rugby training for Jack’s team is over now, but we went to the club anyway on Sunday night. I ended up meeting up with a few of the teachers from my school last year. One of them has recently had a baby, and all three of them are fed up with ADEK this year. If you work for the government schools, it not as fun or as lucrative as it used to be. So glad Stuart has gotten out this year. 

We left the club around 7, took the kids home, showered them and they were off to bed. We all needed an early night since we had been in Dubai the evening before. 

Monday morning I got up and knew I would have to get my PowerPoint done for my assembly. I did it with a bit of assistance from my team leader, Joan. I now know how to imbed sound clips into a PowerPoint presentation. I feel this old dog has learned a lot of new tricks this year. 

After school we got home and Stuart was off to the club to look at new kit for the players next year. It was quite an uneventful evening. 

Tuesday we were off for swim squad early in the morning. After school I had my usual staff meeting. During the day I had received a message to tell me that I had an interview for an Assistant Head of Academics for the Senior School, specifically Years 6 through Years 8. I got very excited, but was a bit nervous as well. I had to give a presentation as to how I would restructure the current curriculum design. I told my Head of Junior school about the interview. He responded with a disapproving look. Apparently, he thought I should have let him know that I even sent an email of interest. Oops! 

Tuesday after school I headed to the mall to pick up vouchers for our Under 10s coaches this year as we were to have a celebration on Thursday. Naturally, after I bought the vouchers I received several messages about people wanting to give money. I decided I would just add the extra cask to the envelop.  I then headed to dance to collect Millie. We made our normal trip to McDonalds and then were home for showers and bed. 

Wednesday I worked on my presentation for my interview on Sunday. When I got home from school I ran my ideas past Cathy and she and Stuart thought I was on the right track. Cathy had some injections in her knee that caused her some serious pain. Stuart ended up collecting her from the hospital as she wasn’t able to drive home. She can’t do anything easily. 

We had chicken legs from our new chicken contraption we bought from our friend Martin. He has a patent on this, along with his smoker for the bbq. They were so juicy, and I’m not usually a fan of chicken legs. 

It holds 18 chicken legs and slides right into the oven. It folds up and is easy to store when not in use. Clever!

Thursday the day flew by. After school we picked Cathy up and went to the rugby club for Jack’s rugby team party. We didn’t stay long, but did eat there. Everyone teased me about the message that had been sent on our Under 10s rugby team Whatsapp group. You know when you accidentally meant to send a message to your spouse and it goes onto a group page that should have never seen it? Well, one of the mothers from the team did just that. 

The following is what she wrote, but deleted it before I saw it. Of course, I have a friend who copied it for me. Bahahahaha!

I was so shocked, but then again, not that shocked. 

I then sent her the following, being a bit snide of course. 

She then sent me this:


Then I responded with class, in my humble opinion 


It cracked my up in the end. After all, I am the loud American so she wasn’t lying. 

We came back to ours for a bit and then delivered Cathy back home. 

Friday morning we went to church. The kids decided to come with Cathy and myself instead of staying in children’s church. Stuart had a meeting about changing the menu at the club. They just can’t seem to get the pub menu right, therefore are losing revenue. After church we went to Jimi Mall, a newly renovated mall close to us. Stuart met us there. Cathy and I did shopping for our ‘favorites’ party, although I wouldn’t be able to stay long as we were leaving for Dubai on Saturday around 2:30 pm. We then had lunch and returned to our house. Cathy and I went grocery shopping and then headed back to our house to watch some movies for the rest of the day. It was a wonderful, lazy day. 

Saturday morning we got up and went to take my car to have it repaired, praying the rental car would actually make it to the location this day. The guy called me to tell me he was in front of the Ford show room. Well, that was close! I was at the body shop about 2 miles away he got there in the end and the delivery of the car was a success in the end. 

We then went to get breakfast and then back to the house. The kids got ready for skiing and they headed to the mall for a birthday party with Stuart. I did some chores around the house and started mentally preparing for my ski lesson. I went to DeDe’s for the ‘favorites’ party at 2 pm. I took my gifts and a bag of Cheetos. I wasn’t terribly prepared for the snack part of the party, but since I wasn’t staying and wouldn’t be eating, I wasn’t terribly fussed about it all. 

We took off for skiing just after 3 pm. We arrived around 4:30 and got our gear. Stuart and Jack were off to the slopes. Jack’s teacher told him last week that he needed to get out on the slopes and practice. So Stuart decided they would just get a 2 hour slope pass. I was booked in for my Discovery lesson and Millie would be doing her Level 1 lesson. Needless to say, I was on the baby slope, while the rest of the family were up at the top of the slopes. 





I had a good time. The thing that bothered me most was that of the 7 people in my class, only two of us listened and actually followed the directions given. My left knee bothered me as well. Yikes! However, I think I will probably go ahead and go back for lessons. We shall see. We did the regular take away and headed for home, showers, and bed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment